headers for b20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh? b-series don't have have headers...

But yes, any b-series header will work unless there is some excpetion i am not aware of...

If you really want to call it a HEADER, there is no "s", when you put the s on the suffix of a word it means that there are more than one. PERIOD, and it the correct term would be manifold. 4 Cylinder engines have ONE exhaust manifold ("header"). And not to be a complete asshole, I think any one will fit except type r's. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 21 2003, 07:30 PM
If you really want to call it a HEADER, there is no "s", when you put the s on the suffix of a word it means that there are more than one. PERIOD, and it the correct term would be manifold. 4 Cylinder engines have ONE exhaust manifold ("header"). And not to be a complete asshole, I think any one will fit except type r's. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

your wrong.

a ls or b20 header will work, they have the same bolt pattern and are basicly the exact same head. the b16a and ITR come out of the same cast and therefore have the same bolt pattern, so those are interchangable. the GSR is pretty much by itself as far as bolt patterns go, but b16a/itr manifolds can be modified to fit. i'm not sure where the CTR (b16b) fits in there, but i'd guess it's the same as the b16a/itr.

EDIT: i'm wrong, check out SixtySecondAssassin's post. sorry for the mis-information.

all b series have the same exhaust manifold bolt design, so they will all 'bolt up'. but b18's, b20's, and b16b's have a larger deck height so headers designed for the b16a won't clear the oil pan.

the type r header will bolt up to ANY b series engine. some modification might be needed at the cat depending on which chassis its going into.

Now I feel like a jackass, but I was kinda right
all b series have the same exhaust manifold bolt design, so they will all 'bolt up'. but b18's, b20's, and b16b's have a larger deck height so headers designed for the b16a won't clear the oil pan.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 22 2003, 01:08 AM
Now I feel like a jackass, but I was kinda right

heh, sorry 'bout that. but the a typer r (ITR or CTR) would work. any b-series header except the b16a header. sorry again for the mis-information.

the ls header is too short for the long b20 block. the best header to get for the b20 is the gsr. it will bolt up and give you enough clearance on the bottom to fit comfortably. dont know bout the itr and ctr..

Originally posted by 1fast5gen@Oct 27 2003, 07:10 PM
the ls header is too short for the long b20 block. the best header to get for the b20 is the gsr. it will bolt up and give you enough clearance on the bottom to fit comfortably. dont know bout the itr and ctr..

Dude, you're really fucking retarded. All B-series headers will work except for the B16A header because the B16B, B18A/B, B18C, and B20B/Z motors have taller, but SAME deck heights. Stop posting stupid shit.

Your knowledge about Hondas = butthole.

Faggot.

ur lucky ur profile doesnt say where your from.. id come there and kick your gay ass.. you have prob never done any of these swaps and have no idea so shut the fuck up.. get some power in your little sir and then talk shit... bitch

You n00b flamers are fuckin up hondaswap.com. Stop, it's old. If you guys want to fight, do it over IM. You're clogging up the boards with shit. That's my job.

kthanx!

*Ohhhhhhhhh I wish I was a mod! The baddest one of all!
I wish I was a mod!*

Why would it matter if you were a mod? :roll: :roll: :roll:

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back