Headers sit very low

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MySIR2

I just got my civic out the shop. The first thing I noticed is the aftermarket headers sit maybe 2-3 inches from the ground. This is way too low, mechanic says this is how it is. Has anyone been through or seen the same thing?

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah its the mounts.....the header in my crx sits way low
:werd:
plus, the 4-1 sits lower than the 4-2-1 because of their design. I suggest getting the 4-2-1 if it's too low for your liking. oh yeah also, if you bought a header for a GSR or LS that will make the header go even lower because those 2 motors are physically longer than the B16.

I have my mounts re welded in my rex. the b16 sits in there like it does in a SIR. I put 4-1 ITR headers on my car. you can get two or three fingers in between the oil pan and where the headers are. I dont think its the mount. Most people with b series buy a "b- series" header". I have noaticed that more placed that have "b-series" stuff. Really only carry integra stuff. If you have a b16 and are looking for headers make sure there for your b16 not the tall/ longer b18

Just finished putting a 97 B20b into my 89 hatch. Running an ITR knockoff, 4-2-1 and it is just about even with the bottom of the oil pan sump. You can't really even see it from the front of the car unless you squat down and look for it. Just a quick note to give you an idea of what all is out there and how it actually fits different cars...
oh, by the way, my hatch is not lowered (stock height) and sits on 2000 si 15" rims........

How is it an ITR knockoff if it's a 4-2-1? ITR's are 4-1...That's like calling an APC wing an ITR wing knockoff...sure, they're both wings, but not even remotely similar...

After about a week or so of driving the car around i'm convinced that my mechanic put the wrong headers on. No way they should sit this low. Someone mentioned that possiblly b18 headers were put on. Is that possible? will those exhaust ports match up with the b16's? Also I have an off brand set of headers "Megan" will that be the problem?

Quoted post[/post]]
After about a week or so of driving the car around i'm convinced that my mechanic put the wrong headers on. No way they should sit this low. Someone mentioned that possiblly b18 headers were put on. Is that possible? will those exhaust ports match up with the b16's? Also I have an off brand set of headers "Megan" will that be the problem?
if it's a 4-1 header, even if it's for a B16, it will look like it sits too low. and yes, it is possible to run a B18 Header on the B16. and Megan is a decent header. The only header that would look like a perfect fit would be a 4-2-1 header. make sure it's for a B16 other-wise it will still look too low for your liking.

Back