1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

headers ???

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by chacal06, Sep 24, 2009.

1. chacal06

chacal06 New Member

I went buy some cheap headers no name brand I just wanted it more for a better look then just stock and don't have 200 plus cash layin around for some dc's or anything else...well I got 4-1 I don't kno the difference between 4-1 and 4-2-1 what's the difference...and also its a 2.5 inch but I didn't kno my pipe is a 2 inch and it didn't fit so I cut my pipe and I weld it to the headers not sure if this was a good idea can some one let me kno if I did good by doing that ?? Thanks

2. necessaryevil

necessaryevil New Member

the 4-1 is where all the pipes dump in to one collecter and the 4-2-1 is what the old school builders call " tri y" the 4-1 are nice but the tri ys are better flowing and less restrictive, and while what you did will work you would get better performance if you ran 2.5 all the way down although not required

3. Dark93DX

Dark93DX New Member

you only need one.

If I remember correctly 4-1 is better for high RPM power, at least that what I'm using.

I wouldn't weld the header to the exhaust piping.

4. chacal06

chacal06 New Member

Yeah I was thinkin of buyin the 2.5 pipe but I'm not sure where they will sell it ama try a cat and muffler shop...and thanks for clearing out the difference...and I had no other choice then to weld it or not put them on but I had bought them so I just did it but I don't trust it like that cuz welding can break at anytime...but thanks for help

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted