Headlight bulb confusion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

Okay i have a chance to get one piece TYC black housing headlights at a really good price. Now my question is it says it comes with H1 bulbs are those the foglight bulbs or are those the regular headlight bulbs? I know there was a post a while back that clarified which bulbs where for a fog lights and which was the brighter ones for headlights, I just cant seem to find it. Any help would be great thanks!

H1 is a headlight bulb, H3 is a fog light bulb. The filament orientation is what determines how well the bulb performs in each different housing.

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 2 2005, 01:21 PM
H1 is a headlight bulb, H3 is a fog light bulb. The filament orientation is what determines how well the bulb performs in each different housing.
[post=481705]Quoted post[/post]​

THANK YOU! :worthy: :worthy:

what do you mean by Filament orientaion? xenon, HID etc?

No, the way the filament runs through the bulb. H3 has the filament going across, and H1 has the filament going along the length of the bulb. H3 is better set up for fog lights (hence why it sucks in headlights) where it stands vertically, and H1 is better for pointing forward and working through a parabolic style reflector that you would normally find in headlights.

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 2 2005, 03:58 PM
No, the way the filament runs through the bulb. H3 has the filament going across, and H1 has the filament going along the length of the bulb. H3 is better set up for fog lights (hence why it sucks in headlights) where it stands vertically, and H1 is better for pointing forward and working through a parabolic style reflector that you would normally find in headlights.
[post=481793]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay i understand now, THANKS AGAIN!

Back