Headlight No Work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDMaxGuy

I have a 96 Accord EX. My right headlight is messed up somehow, dont know how, but it is, I think it might be a short or the plug but I dont know. I have Street Glow Xenon Bulbs and Ive went through 3 of them on that side already the one that is in now is not blown, so while my lights were on, i unplugged it and plugged it back in, then it worked so i thought maybe i just didnt plug it in all the way. It went out again, so thinking that if i just unplugged it and plugged it in again, it would work. Well when i raised my hood the light came on again :huh: well now it wont work at all, any suggestions, i dont wanna take it and pay to have some place test it so i thought id ask u guys, if it is a short how do i go about fixing it. Thanks In advance.

when u turn on your lights and then turn your highbeams do your some of your lights go out
is the car normally in hot weather or really cold weather?
if your car does this it may be relay that sticks open .
is your car a american or canadian model?

The high beams work, I havent noticed any other lights going out. I have the canadian model. i live in missouri so the car is in both weather.

It sounds like some of the wiring or your contacts going to the low beams aren't in such great shape...

Have you tried swapping the bulbs between housings? What about a different plug? Aftermarket bulbs can sometimes fry your wiring if they're significantly higher in power draw.

Back