1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlights and taillights dont work?!?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 92CHB, Sep 11, 2007.

1. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

A friend of mine just picked up a 98 dx coupe for his son at a great price. But there are a few issue that we have found. Most of the issue's are very minor but the one that I cant seem to figure out is why the headlights and taillights dont work; along with the gauge cluster lights. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine, the turn signals and brake lights all work fine. I am wondering if it could be the multifunction switch, but he doesn't want to go buy parts that won't fix the problem. Is there any relay for the head/taillights?? Or has anyone had this problem before?? Thanks for any help!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  2. humblegumbo

humblegumbo 1595cc's of Mad Fury

Well, sir, had a similar problem that I was never able to track down. Mine was just about opposite, though, where head, tail & brakeights worked but not the signals or 1/2 the guage cluster (plus dome light).

I finally broke down & took it to a professional.

I'm sure there is a relay. It's probably under the hood. It might even be labeled.

Other than that, I'd start w/ getting the Haynes/Chilton manual. Or see if you can find the wiring diaram online. Then start locating & troubleshooting parts.

3. fixngo

fixngo New Member

yup , it very well be relay

also could be the switch itself, so just check it

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted