Headlights and taillights dont work?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

A friend of mine just picked up a 98 dx coupe for his son at a great price. But there are a few issue that we have found. Most of the issue's are very minor but the one that I cant seem to figure out is why the headlights and taillights dont work; along with the gauge cluster lights. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine, the turn signals and brake lights all work fine. I am wondering if it could be the multifunction switch, but he doesn't want to go buy parts that won't fix the problem. Is there any relay for the head/taillights?? Or has anyone had this problem before?? Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Or has anyone had this problem before??

Well, sir, had a similar problem that I was never able to track down. Mine was just about opposite, though, where head, tail & brakeights worked but not the signals or 1/2 the guage cluster (plus dome light).

I finally broke down & took it to a professional.

I'm sure there is a relay. It's probably under the hood. It might even be labeled.

Other than that, I'd start w/ getting the Haynes/Chilton manual. Or see if you can find the wiring diaram online. Then start locating & troubleshooting parts.

Back