Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PIAA

• Sylvania Silverstar

• Real H

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
I had the multicolored headlights for a while. I liked them a lot til I broke them. Around here, no one has them and they gave off normal yellowish light like oem but had a faint light green and/or blue tint (from different angles). Of course they were bought at the local rice shop, but they worked well. 100 watts of pure harness melting power :lol:

headlight1.jpg

jdmheadlights1.jpg

jdmheadlights19.jpg

As of today, I'm using the Silverstars. For $40, they better be good. I haven't drove in the night yet, so I can't get pictures til then.

This is what I found on Google image search:

1519SILVERSTAR.jpg

You'd be surprised how much more light you get from those rainbow homo bulbs if you take some WD40 and a rag and wipe that rainbow homo coating off... Blue/ green light = invisible trees.

Polarg H4H "Miracle White" bulbs in my ! piece headlights... there wasnt an option for that.

i have friends that are using the Sylvania Silverstars
they are deffinatly bright
personally i dont like them because of the color... they arent blue ... just more of a super white
i find that i can see much more with more of a yellow light
so i will be going with the Orsam Silverstars

Osram / Sylvania are the same company, in the US they use Sylvania, outside the US its Osram. The Osram Silverstar is a clear bulb with Xenon gas boost to increase brightness up to 50% color is similar to standard halogen though it is slightly whiter. The Sylvania Silverstar is the same bulb but with an amethyst blue coating with 30% more light than standard halogen and 4000K light color

and the Orsams are $4.50 less per bulb :)

I'll be using whatever comes in my projector headlights.... probably buy some Silverstars to use in the projectors later on though - either that or do a HID conversion... if it works with projectors.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jul 12 2004, 04:15 PM
You'd be surprised how much more light you get from those rainbow homo bulbs if you take some WD40 and a rag and wipe that rainbow homo coating off... Blue/ green light = invisible trees.

I thought oils caused hot spots and bulbs to burn out? Do you soak them in alcohol afterwards?

I think Ji was just trying to make the point that that coating inhibits optimum lighting and that he should have gotten non-homoriffic regular white lights.

PIAA Platinum Super Whites in the Civic (expensive)
Sylvania Silverstars in the Nissan Hardbody (cheap, still damn good)

Here, check it out- I posted these pictures up for Codee (don't remember his username on here) a while back. They show the difference between the stock headlights in my truck and then what everything looks like after a cheapo conversion and the addition of the Silverstars.

https://hondaswap.com/~mike/hb/2003-11-...ght_Conversion/

Yeah, I'm a silverstar fan myself. I had them in my old civic before I wrecked her, and they were awesome, and I'm probably be going to buy a set for my crx once the lights in there take a poop.

OEM in the Honda.

In my old S-10, I did a conversion much like Calesta. I couldn't believe the difference. Back when I bought those, people didn't have bright lights in older pickups. With the low beams on, people would flash me constantly. Then I'd hit the high beams, and they'd stop immediately. :lol:

Hella rectangular lamp conversion with halogen bulb, works very nicely, and looks OEM.

Back