Headliner fabric adhesive needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Neutrino

2001 Civic LX, Midnight Black Pearl with a light-grey interior (I forget the cheesy name for it).

The headliner fabric has been hanging-off in the back since I bought this car several years ago. Thankfully it's not everywhere, just a strip 18" or so wide, and it only hangs down a couple of inches.

Honda wants $348 for a new headliner.

I've tried the spray-on headliner adhesive (the stuff that sticks the headliner to the roof), but that only worked for a few months.

What is a good adhesive that will stick the fabric to the thin, dry foam so it stays? I think it would need to be a thinner liquid to soak into the foam, not just stick to the surface of the foam.

Any help will be much appreciated as I'm quite tired of this flap blocking my view and flapping in the breeze.

well if it was me id take it to an upholstery shop a new covered headline is about 45 bucks down here. but other than that,about all you can do is re try that spray or buy some professional spray glue witch will almost cost as much as someone doing it for you

is this the one you tried? they have different strenghts
90_SPRY.jpg

^ thats what I was going to say. You have to spray the fabric, let it dry, spray the foam and let it dry, then put the two together and put some weight on it.

i did some door panels with that stuff.. i messed one up so i had to pull it off.. didnt come off so easy.. lol

Back