Headphones

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Just wondering what everyone uses.

I know most of us are tech geeks.

I'm running the Pioneer HDJ-2000s and love every minute of them. They do piss off the wife though cause I can never hear her :)

Some IEMs I currently own:
Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 "v2"
Ultimate Ears 700 with Comply Foam tips
MEElectronics M9

IEMs I used to have:
Klipsch Image S4 with Comply tips- stolen
Sony EX32-broke
Sony J10-broke
Koss The Plug-broke

Cans:
Sony V6 with Beyerdynamic DT250 velour cushion.
Koss PortaPro
LTB Surround headphones-broke
Beyerdynamic DT990/600-ohm-sold

I really really like the Koss PortaPros. They're cheap(about $30), and very "musical". Great bass on there too(especially for being an open design); I use them for jogging, music, and gaming. Before, I used the V6 for gaming and music, but now they're just my general computer and instrument headphone.

I got rid of the Beyerdyanics because the fit wasn't too great(soft cushion, but slid around my head a lot), and sounded hollow compared to the PortaPros: They go very deep but but lack mids.

I don't use the IEMs much anymore; but use to use them for jogging/working out(now I just use them for travel/fishing). My ears are pretty small so they get uncomfortable(especially the SuperFi 5s). The 700s would fall out of my ear after a while from jogging+sweat; the SF5s are a little easier to keep in due to the design. The M9s were just cheap. They sound OK but they're just rugged(metal housing); they're the least used set.

sort of old picture
IMAG0241.jpg

Beyerdynamic DT990/600, Sony MDR-V6, Koss PortaPro
Super.Fi 5, 700, MEE M9

Last edited:
i used to have cheapo koss UR19 cans (now UR20's), cheap and effective
long ass cord and built in volume adjustment for 15 or 20 bucks
i'm sure it was only 20 dollar sound though, but it was just for use at the office
now i have some koss earbuds with a metal screen face on them that shock the fuck out of me, i assume its static electricity from wearing fleeces but god damn does that hurt, so those are in the drawer

i have skull candy cheapo plugs, you get what you pay for but i have cheap hearing taste so they're fine for me

I used to have the iPod earbuds with the metal screen; and got shocked by those when I was jogging. IIRC it was hot outside so I don't think I was wearing anything that would have generated much static.

hurts like hell right?
lmfao
i have them plugged into a dell speaker bar with AC power, so i'm not exactly sure how much voltage i'm getting, but fuck those things
its like getting punched in the ear

beyer dynamics was on my short list when I bought my HDJ-2000s. I've never been disappointed with any audio equipment I've owned from pioneer and that's what swayed my decision. I think the deeper cups would have been nicer in hind sight. After about 5 hours the tips of my ears start to hurt since they rest right on the grill of the speaker.

hurts like hell right?
lmfao
i have them plugged into a dell speaker bar with AC power, so i'm not exactly sure how much voltage i'm getting, but fuck those things

Hell yeah. I thought a bee or something stung the inside of my ear at first.

I use Sony MDR-7506

Sony Product Detail Page MDR7506

I think I paid around $99 6 or 7 years ago. Great headphones.

I was about to get those, but got the V6s instead due to a lot of reviews and simply being cheaper(I think I paid $50-60 for them). None the less, if the V6s ever go out somehow, I'll definitely replace it with a 7506

hurts like hell right?
lmfao

i was on a treadmill wearing my apple headphones. i was well into my run at a good 8mph pace. so i'm moving along pretty damn fast. fucker shocked me and made me jerk my head to the left. lost my balance and almost flew off the god damn treadmill. it was worse than a shock, i could have broken my neck.

Well, you can add my cousin as someone else who got shocked, by Apple iPod headphone. He was also at the gym on a treadmill but I don't think he was running fast. I'm actually starting to wonder how much people have got shocked by them now.

F ear buds. those things are so bad for you on multiple accounts.

They are unsanitary and touching inside of your ears, which is connected to your nose/throat as well, and they put sound directly at your ear drum which doesn't give your lobe/etc a chance to balance out frequencies.

Beyerdynamic DT770's with black velour pads, engraved with my name.
Ultimate Ears Super.Fi Pro 5, white pearl. My favourite IEMs are UE5 but mine got stolen from my car when it was broken into. :(

Most of the time the DT770's are driven through an self-built AlienDAC, I use a little dot micro+ when I'm really feelin' it.

The motorcycle helmet has some Koss PortaPro headphones removed from the band, and placed into the pads. I can't really ever hear any music except when stopped, I used to listen a lot when I had a shittier ride into work.

hurts like hell right?
lmfao

for some reason, this really made me lol.

i never used those damn things. hated them, they hurt my ear and always fell out while walking.

i have some shitty skull candy earbuds that i carry in my pocket most of the time.
but, i just bought a set of beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80ohm.
and so far, i loves them. they make me as happy as a ginger who thinks he has a soul.

granted, i know that there are way better, but these fit my needs, and came across a good deal on them.

I wear some Sony earbuds that my brother gave me as a give. They aren't the top of the line but they sound fine and have in-line volume adjustment which is awesome when on the slopes.

i just have some in-ear Motorola ROKR headphones my buddy gave me

Back