Heads

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolidDreamz

Where can you look on a head to see what the head came off of? U know like b16,b18 ect. Like rods have a number stamped on them. I got a d15b7 block and for fun I wanna put a vtec head on it. I work at a engine rebuild place and I went to the garage in the back of the building and there is tons of heads,blocks,trannys laying around. I think I found a 96 + vtec head. The valves,springs,camshaft,pistons are in a box and I want 2 know what engine the head came of off. the number on the rods where a 6 or 9. Found a DOHC head but dont know what its from. Looks like an integra. My boss doesnt need the shit so if someone needs stuff let me know what to look for. I just need to know how to distinguish the heads. thanks

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 9 2003, 06:20 AM
i think the ECU code is stamped on the head somewhere.

It's not really an ECU code, it's a casting code B16's for instance are PR3 and they have, depending on the year a PR3, P30, etc... ECU. But if you look at the head, just above where the header bolts on, nearer the rightside, you will see a number should be three or four characters.

An old integra DOHC head will hella not fit the D15! Just get a single cam and check for vtec. On the single cams, the vtec solenoid is in the back left (if your looking at the head from the top view). If you dont see the vtec, its not a vtec head. Just look for a single cam head with vtec.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Dec 9 2003, 12:53 PM
An old integra DOHC head will hella not fit the D15! Just get a single cam and check for vtec. On the single cams, the vtec solenoid is in the back left (if your looking at the head from the top view). If you dont see the vtec, its not a vtec head. Just look for a single cam head with vtec.

THANK YOU Sherlock Holmes...

Back