Healthcare bill upheld

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

romney says he will repeal it as first act as president.

im not a romney fan, but if he does follow through with it, he will get my vote.

i hope he picks up obamas home refi plan.

Those 2 issues im torn on.

And frankly, long term, the house refi is what will cost me more money....

I have a tough time swallowing this pill man.

How do you trust someone that doesn't drink?

Do not vote for Obama. There are supreme court justices that are about to die.

Don't vote for Obama.

Do not vote for Obama. There are supreme court justices that are about to die.

Don't vote for Obama.

I give you props, Rep, like, whatever because that's technically a felony you just posted to the internet. Granted, it's one of those felonies that's unenforceable if enough violators are involved, so let me join your terrorist thought crime:
Attention! Start a riot where you live. Murder a local political official. Sell drugs to buy your children groceries, don't pay your taxes.
See you in gitmo Steve.

^ I lookd at at that way first - then figured what he must mean. Nobody is stupid enough to post something like that in the context you are suggesting.

He means they are old, will likely die of natural causes from old age. Hence, being replaced with appointments from our next president which if Obama would be some Ultra Oober Libberals.

Yes, his post could use some wordsmithing.

Last edited:
Neither of my parents drink. I turned out ok.

And yes, I assume he meant they are old, not that a threat has been made on lives.

Neither of my parents drink. I turned out ok.

And yes, I assume he meant they are old, not that a threat has been made on lives.

You know exactly what I mean.

they obviously had no idea of the elder age of the existing SCJs.

Maybe we should just all pay a .004% sales tax to make medical school free for those keeping a 3.5 gpa or better... that way anyone who wants to be a doctor can do so without raking up 500,000 in student loans and thus won't require a stupid salary to live.

And at the same time, limit liability lawsuits to 10,000.

heatlhcare solved.

Good ideas, but impractical. The infrastructure alone would be incredibly expensive because everything government funded is usually always late and over budget. Great example is the universities of california program. It used to be free (under $60k/yr income) or seriously reduced, like $150/yr reduced.
However, now the UCs charge what Harvard, Stanford, etc... charges if you are a non-cal resident, $37k/yr. Most other state universities charge around $25k/yr for non-residents. Lets not forget financial aid itself is a mess.

The government do offer programs that pay tuition and such as if you agree working for a public community clinic or work for VA.

Lastly, limiting lawsuits to $10,000 is kind of not realistic. What if an surgeon forgot a pair of hemostats in your gut? Or accidentally amputated the wrong limb? Worst, what if a nurse OD and killed someone? I think a limit needs to be placed, but not sure what that amount is. Maybe by a schedule?
Class 1 - lost of life $1 million
Class 2 - lost of limb $500,000
etc...

Lastly, I think a good step is to NOT treat undocumented people and criminals. Good example, is an illegal alien in AZ on life support and long-term stay because of MRSA. The hospital has to treat him and then bill someone, us. Also, locally, some junky was making meth and blew himself up. Now he is in the hospital and gets free medical services because he has no money while he awaits prosecution. We pay those bills. Something is really fucked up here. BTW, these are all examples of people who worked with these individuals first hand and are my family members.

There is no way that we're making it out of here with "infrastructure". Wait until one of these winters, when the state says "We can't afford to plow. Sorry"

Or the lines along the east coast. And if you all only knew what I know about the gas pipeline system in the NE, you would be.. well, You would be like me with the preparation and stuff.

Redline is a good day for the natural gas consumption in the NE.

Details on the gas pipeline system? PM me if you don't want to post it here.

Basically, it's maxed out. Here in the NE-US we also pipe down to New York City and Long Island. The problem is that throughout these areas there are the usual NIMBY assholes and eco-weenies that don't want to implement fixes because they feel it will destroy their high-dollar view of the water.

In your area, you don't have that - necessarily. When Seattle sponges off all they can, and they start talking about liquification plants in the Puget, you'll see that exact issue.

Throughout the US Gas delivery is redline capacity. Shit, NYC is just one airconditioner away from bringing down the system.

And I'm not exaggerating that much. It's truly on the verge of total collapse. And I'm talking about "One more housing development" away, for the NE.

Throughout the midwest, the pipeline project (That Obama recently fucked up) was a "Just in the nick of time" type of fix to an aging and small-capacity flow system that is "Due for upgrade". Now lemme tell you something about utilities : When they "Due for upgrade" that it means it's time to get the fuck out of dodge. These people pray every lunch break that the system will hold for just one more afternoon so that they can continue to collect revenue from customers that will go into their swiss bank accounts rather than into upgrades. When it comes that the utility says "Upgrade!" it's usually too late, and the whole fucking thing is about to collapse.

Don't believe me ? Look at Nuclear power. And remember, that's heavily regulated and followed by a government and people that WANT to find problems and shut them down. Imagine what the safeties look like for a utility that no one is hawking over 24/7.

(EDIT: They only say "UPGRADE!" at the end, so that when the utility does fail, they can say "I told you so!" and demand more money for the next time they ignore a problem so long that it collapses.)

What's worse, is that they MUST do this. If they increase rates for consumers, the government steps in to knock them down. If they say "We're starting the budget for a complete re-vamp in 2025" they will get run out of town.

If you're a utility, there is no winning situation. You have to balance on the fine edge of disaster in order for people to take you seriously. Just look at what happened in CT last winter when the electrical company got dragged through the mud for not upgrading the system, when just 2 years earlier the government stepped in and introduced price controls to the cheers of the people. You can't fucking win.

And now DC and Virginia's Dominion is in for the same treatment. People say now:"We'll pay extra for underground lines!" until they see what the actual bill looks like.

Good ideas, but impractical. The infrastructure alone would be incredibly expensive because everything government funded is usually always late and over budget. Great example is the universities of california program. It used to be free (under $60k/yr income) or seriously reduced, like $150/yr reduced.
However, now the UCs charge what Harvard, Stanford, etc... charges if you are a non-cal resident, $37k/yr. Most other state universities charge around $25k/yr for non-residents. Lets not forget financial aid itself is a mess.
I was referring ONLY to pre-med students. Basically, going into college as premed, you will become a government 'trial employee' with 6-8 years of 'unpaid training'.

And some ivy schools are like 60 grand these days last i checked, so 37 isn't that bad.

Lastly, limiting lawsuits to $10,000 is kind of not realistic. What if an surgeon forgot a pair of hemostats in your gut? Or accidentally amputated the wrong limb? Worst, what if a nurse OD and killed someone? I think a limit needs to be placed, but not sure what that amount is. Maybe by a schedule?
Class 1 - lost of life $1 million
Class 2 - lost of limb $500,000
etc...
I was referring to 'frivilous' lawsuits.
shit like this:
Parents Get $2.9M in Down Syndrome Girl ‘Wrongful Birth’ Suit - ABC News
Doctor can be sued for emotional distress despite lack of physical negligence - amednews.com

and 1000s of other things you can google.

If you wake up with the wrong arm gone, game on.

these days, they make you mark the X on the limb you want cut off as your signature, if you are physically able to do so.

Lastly, I think a good step is to NOT treat undocumented people and criminals.
Obama thinks otherwise. Illegals have full rights to our healthcare system now, even if they can't pay. (if they want to pay cash, i have no issues with it. They may just 'be on vacation'.). Criminals are required to accept care for some stupid hippie reason. even if you want to die, like after a cop shoots you, you can't regfuse medical treatment, must be saved, if possible, and go to court. Why? because someone sued once.

See above.

It's the root cause of everything that is wrong with our country.

Aw damn it, i just realized im technologically inept at multi-quotes.

1) pre-med is a pretty broad "major," sorta. also, what if the student changes programs? or doesnt want to go to med school anymore? or cant make the 3.5GPA grade? good incentive though. maybe somehow award those who are pursuing a science/math degree? that seems to be our weakest and heavy import job market.

2)is $60K for just tuition or is that an estimated total annual cost for living, transportation, etc..? if its just tuition, that is a freaking rip off unless thats for some sort of professional/grad program.

3)yeah those are some pretty retarded suits. those should just be thrown out or awarded like $5 bucks. even in CPR classes, the Red Cross stresses the importance of asking if it is okay to save someone's life if they are conscious.

im really not sure how people honestly think it is right to award people who break the law and enter the country illegally. i mean, they just passed one of the dumbest laws in california which award illegals financial aid to go to college. WTF, say what?!?!?!?!?!

we're already drowning in moneyz problem and schools raising tuition yet they are giving it to people who break the legal?? then we have to foot the bill if they go to the hospital, too? hmmm.................

Aw damn it, i just realized im technologically inept at multi-quotes.........

Works something like this:

There is no way that we're making it out of here with "infrastructure". Wait until one of these winters, when the state says "We can't afford to plow. Sorry"

Or the lines along the east coast. And if you all only knew what I know about the gas pipeline system in the NE, you would be.. well, You would be like me with the preparation and stuff.

Redline is a good day for the natural gas consumption in the NE.

Details on the gas pipeline system? PM me if you don't want to post it here.

Basically, it's maxed out. Here in the NE-US we also pipe down to New York City and Long Island. The problem is that throughout these areas there are the usual NIMBY assholes and eco-weenies that don't want to implement fixes because they feel it will destroy their high-dollar view of the water.

In your area, you don't have that - necessarily. When Seattle sponges off all they can, and they start talking about liquification plants in the Puget, you'll see that exact issue.

Throughout the US Gas delivery is redline capacity. Shit, NYC is just one airconditioner away from bringing down the system.

And I'm not exaggerating that much. It's truly on the verge of total collapse. And I'm talking about "One more housing development" away, for the NE.

Throughout the midwest, the pipeline project (That Obama recently fucked up) was a "Just in the nick of time" type of fix to an aging and small-capacity flow system that is "Due for upgrade". Now lemme tell you something about utilities : When they "Due for upgrade" that it means it's time to get the fuck out of dodge. These people pray every lunch break that the system will hold for just one more afternoon so that they can continue to collect revenue from customers that will go into their swiss bank accounts rather than into upgrades. When it comes that the utility says "Upgrade!" it's usually too late, and the whole fucking thing is about to collapse.

Don't believe me ? Look at Nuclear power. And remember, that's heavily regulated and followed by a government and people that WANT to find problems and shut them down. Imagine what the safeties look like for a utility that no one is hawking over 24/7.

(EDIT: They only say "UPGRADE!" at the end, so that when the utility does fail, they can say "I told you so!" and demand more money for the next time they ignore a problem so long that it collapses.)

^ Bravo!!!

What's worse, is that they MUST do this. If they increase rates for consumers, the government steps in to knock them down. If they say "We're starting the budget for a complete re-vamp in 2025" they will get run out of town.

If you're a utility, there is no winning situation. You have to balance on the fine edge of disaster in order for people to take you seriously. Just look at what happened in CT last winter when the electrical company got dragged through the mud for not upgrading the system, when just 2 years earlier the government stepped in and introduced price controls to the cheers of the people. You can't fucking win.

And now DC and Virginia's Dominion is in for the same treatment. People say now:"We'll pay extra for underground lines!" until they see what the actual bill looks like.

I was referring ONLY to pre-med students. Basically, going into college as premed, you will become a government 'trial employee' with 6-8 years of 'unpaid training'.

And some ivy schools are like 60 grand these days last i checked, so 37 isn't that bad.

I was referring to 'frivilous' lawsuits.
shit like this:
Parents Get $2.9M in Down Syndrome Girl ‘Wrongful Birth’ Suit - ABC News
Doctor can be sued for emotional distress despite lack of physical negligence - amednews.com

and 1000s of other things you can google.

If you wake up with the wrong arm gone, game on.

these days, they make you mark the X on the limb you want cut off as your signature, if you are physically able to do so.

Obama thinks otherwise. Illegals have full rights to our healthcare system now, even if they can't pay. (if they want to pay cash, i have no issues with it. They may just 'be on vacation'.). Criminals are required to accept care for some stupid hippie reason. even if you want to die, like after a cop shoots you, you can't regfuse medical treatment, must be saved, if possible, and go to court. Why? because someone sued once.

See above.

It's the root cause of everything that is wrong with our country.

Aw damn it, i just realized im technologically inept at multi-quotes.

1) pre-med is a pretty broad "major," sorta. also, what if the student changes programs? or doesnt want to go to med school anymore? or cant make the 3.5GPA grade? good incentive though. maybe somehow award those who are pursuing a science/math degree? that seems to be our weakest and heavy import job market.

2)is $60K for just tuition or is that an estimated total annual cost for living, transportation, etc..? if its just tuition, that is a freaking rip off unless thats for some sort of professional/grad program.

3)yeah those are some pretty retarded suits. those should just be thrown out or awarded like $5 bucks. even in CPR classes, the Red Cross stresses the importance of asking if it is okay to save someone's life if they are conscious.

im really not sure how people honestly think it is right to award people who break the law and enter the country illegally. i mean, they just passed one of the dumbest laws in california which award illegals financial aid to go to college. WTF, say what?!?!?!?!?!

we're already drowning in moneyz problem and schools raising tuition yet they are giving it to people who break the legal?? then we have to foot the bill if they go to the hospital, too? hmmm.................

Just punch up the "Black Quotation Marks" or Multi Quote button on the lower right corner to the right of the regular Quote Button to "Tag" the first series of quotes and use the regular "Quote" button on the last one.....

Last edited:
It's an idea, not a bill. of course it has technicalities that need to be worked out for all the what if's... but its a waste of time because it will never fucking happen until half of the population wakes up.

Back