Healthcare WTF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dems, but a few are against it. it's going to be pretty dman close to 50/50. lieberman (I) is against it too, which helps.

I'm seriously concerned as to what may happen if this passes.

this will be the final straw when it comes to the Constitution. They may as well fucking burn it. They think its all about the money and that isn't the case. And like I said before if this passes nothing we do in 2010 is going to make a diffrence. The flood gates will be opened. This legislation raises the bar to a whole new level.

Like B said, Everyone write to your senators and tell them how bad this bill is for our country and our small businesses.
Also, make note of the reps in your area that voted for this bill, make sure you vote them out of office in the next election.

senate needs a simple majority to pass a vote. However they need 60 votes to stop a filibusterer. Everyone needs to call their senator now and let them know how they feel and how they will vote in his or her election if they vote for it.

well, i believe im good with our senator.

Alexander, R-Tennessee, said on the Senate floor that the Senate should start from scratch because the proposed bill by Sen. Edward Kennedy is "so flawed and expensive it cannot be fixed.

Alexander complained not only about the cost but also about adding another level of bureaucracy. "The Congressional Budget Office has said that the parts of the Kennedy bill we know about will add $1 trillion to the debt over the next 10 years," he said. "Yet, this bill will leave 30 of the 47 million Americans who are uninsured today uninsured, and it will expand one failing government program - Medicaid - and create another, putting Washington between you and your doctor."

Sen. Lamar Alexander warns health care bill could lead to 10 percent Tennessee income tax

Dennis Kucinich on his "no" vote on healthcare.

Why I Voted NO

H.R. 3962 would put the government in the role of accelerating the privatization of health care. In H.R. 3962, the government is requiring at least 21 million Americans to buy private health insurance from the very industry that causes costs to be so high, which will result in at least $70 billion in new annual revenue, much of which is coming from taxpayers. This inevitably will lead to even more costs, more subsidies, and higher profits for insurance companies – a bailout under a blue cross.

I am all for the private industry, but requiring americans to purchase a product/service or face a fine is clearly un-constitutional.

Processes still necessary for passage:

b29d819a-cc96-11de-8e30-00144feabdc0.gif

Last edited:
That's pretty good. He makes a lot of great points...

I'm truly confused about the health care bill at this point.

I am 100% against the bill and had been following intently the past few months. I was ecstatic when my blue state, finally swung back red after our deficit increased tenfold and our property taxes skyrocketed in the past 10 years.

However, at this point, I don't understand what the health care bill will actually cost and what sort of effect the bill will have on myself.

Some of the things posted in this thread, if they are true from the chain e-mail, seem downright unconstitutional.

how will it effect you? you have a job + insurance. so, it won't do dick for you. you'll just pay for it.

From what i have been reading, the main problem with the current house bill is that the income thresholds are not adjusted for inflation.

Eventually, we will all be inducted into this proposed system.

the whole damn thing is unconstitutional. The government has no authority to issue health insurance.

or to block the press... and yet they are trying to shut down fox news.

america voted away their democracy a year ago....

or to block the press... and yet they are trying to shut down fox news.

america voted away their democracy a year ago....

A vote for mccain would have been the same exact thing.

The people who ctrl gobama also ctrl mccain. We need a ron paul.

Back