heater blend door adj.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redneck999

I feel like I am getting warmer air coming through the vents even though I have it set on cold and I believe that it could be affecting the air cond coming through the vents. Deff a temp difference between putting my hand out the window and in front of the vent. I have already adj the cable for the temp control and does not seem to be helping. Almost think it could be drawing heat from the motor,not much room between hood and the cowl and the hood weatherstrip is intact. Any ideas?

This is not with the air cond on, just fan. With the air on I am getting 40 degree air through the vents on recirc so I don't see how charging the air will help. This is just going down the road with just the fresh air coming through the vent.

well if just your fan is on then thats it you opend the vent to the outside air

what I am saying is that the temp difference on a guage is 22 degrees. That is the difference between putting the guage in the dash vent as compared to holding it outside the window, hence the thought that the blend door might not be closing all the way allowing warm air to pass from engine or heater core? Which goes back to the original question is there an adj for the blend doors?

I don't believe there is a adjustment for them, there are 2 cables but I dont think there adjustable, I have the problem too, I dont think its that big of a deal. The only thing I could tell you is to buy some new cables if your that concerned about it, but beware the cables aren't the easiest thing to work on.

Back