Hell Froze Over

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Well...one of the chevelle lovers at the shop just bought a 1987 CRX DX. (wanted it for the carb :p)

Anyway, just wondering if yall have heard about any insanely modded carbed CRXs out there, and if you have, hook a brotha up with a link. He's convinced that he can get at least 250 Horsepower out of this lil 1.6L engine. Its possible but not without boost or nitrous (i say). I give him 140 to the wheels before he hits the wall with that engine.

Quoted post[/post]]
Well...one of the chevelle lovers at the shop just bought a 1987 CRX DX. (wanted it for the carb :p)

Anyway, just wondering if yall have heard about any insanely modded carbed CRXs out there, and if you have, hook a brotha up with a link. He's convinced that he can get at least 250 Horsepower out of this lil 1.6L engine. Its possible but not without boost or nitrous (i say). I give him 140 to the wheels before he hits the wall with that engine.
Didn't Bisi start with something similar before going to the f22?

250 all motor from an 87 CRX?? No. Thats 156.25 hp/liter, I dont know of ANY all motor applications with that kind of output.

Edit: In the car world, 16000rpm bikes maybe.

250 whp NA is a lofty goal, A few months back there was an article in hondatuning about a carbed crx, i couldn't find a link though.

well if i was him i would liik into like 17-18:1 CR and 4 alcohol side draft webber carbs lots of head work and this is probaly going to take custom piston rods and cam i dont even know if this goal is posiable with a 12v motor you should talk him in to do ing a carbed b16 i there i have seen one that made 218 at the wheels with webber sidedraft carbs and 13.5:1 CR

tell him good lick but he should think about a more modern 4 banger for his project and i should work out well

alcohol definitely isnt out of the question for this build, i was just seeing what the hell he thinks he has up his sleeve. The guy builds top and jr fuel dragsters...so i would hope he knows what kinda goal hes set for himself.

Quoted post[/post]]
have a link, mike?

Not on me... :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Bisi made something like 242whp from his NA carbureted 1.5L SOHC D block.
i thought that was the F block? mated to a D-series tranny

I'm pretty sure that was the D. He had a tuned resonator chamber on the header and was revving to 11k. Do the math, it's possible. :)

No way ur getting that out of a stock crx... u need to swap everything.... all motor... is possible...... get like an ls vetec... 250 is easy all day on the dyno... u just gotta build up the internals. Shave... P+P. Run the higest compression pistion u can find without hitting valves... An ull get ur goal of atleast 250hp

lol, this isnt gonna be stock, i can gaurentee that. It will be fully built.

He make it if he can flow enough air. for a 1.6, that means serious revs and A LOT of head work. We're talking monster ports. This thing will be like a kid on crack. And when it dies, it will die hard.

I know I'm late, but I've spoke with Bisi about his engine before. He was making like 240whp while still in street trim/driving it around town. Ran 10.2s I think; in the CRX. With the F-series, he's around 300whp and running 9s in the Honda Insight...with a carburetor on that also.

It'll be interesting trying to compete with Bisi; as Bisi is a chemist :eek:

i forgot to update this. now that ive seen the engine it was a D15A2. I talked them into just doing a V8 swap (havent decided on the specs yet, right now its a 42 MPG commuter) into that CRX and then buying an 88-91 and then doing a turbo B-Swap. They discovered getting a D16A1 was kinda difficult and getting it to work right would be even harder.

Quoted post[/post]]
i forgot to update this. now that ive seen the engine it was a D15A2. I talked them into just doing a V8 swap (havent decided on the specs yet, right now its a 42 MPG commuter) into that CRX and then buying an 88-91 and then doing a turbo B-Swap. They discovered getting a D16A1 was kinda difficult and getting it to work right would be even harder.

pussies. :laugh:

Back