HELLLLLLP?!?!?!?!@#$%^&*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a b18a right now, and a 99 civic. I want to put the motor in that car, but the Wiring harness has become a major issue! I took out some of the harness already. All the plugs for the motor have been disconnected, and i unhooked it at the fuse box thats mounted next to the strut mount. The inside wiring is a pain in the ass, so do I need it? It goes all behind the dash. I have the ECU out already. I am thinking about buying another harness somewhere so i dont have to pull that one out. I cut the plugs off the harness for the disributor, probably a bad move, but its nothing that some soldering and heat shrink couldnt fix. I need the best ideas about this!! For shits and giggles, anyone know how this motor would do with 8.2:1 compression with 11lbs of boost? i am planning to rebuild the whole motor, head including. This is basically my first time going all out like this, and I'm mostly confused about the wiring harness right now. Do I need the whole damn thing or just the wiring for the motor????

Trying to put a OBD 0/I motor into an OBD IIb car is a BAD idea bro. All the electronics are different, you'll have a huge wiring headache. If you can track down a complete OBD II/b LS IM and distributor it will be easier. And the B18A1 is a cable transmission, you're going to need a hydraulic, or a conversion.

Quoted post[/post]]
Trying to put a OBD 0/I motor into an OBD IIb car is a BAD idea bro. All the electronics are different, you'll have a huge wiring headache. If you can track down a complete OBD II/b LS IM and distributor it will be easier. And the B18A1 is a cable transmission, you're going to need a hydraulic, or a conversion.

Plus good luck passing inspection when they go to do the OBD test . . .

yep, it was even a tiny hassle putting the obd0 LS in my old obd1 hatch. I can't compare it to your situation but you should defenitly look into a what 92b16vx said.

I hope you aren't in Cali, because that thing will never be street legal with that motor. Since I have my car registered in PA they don't give a fuck what I do. I can put a carb'd 350 in my shit and as long as it ran and drove safely it would pass inspection.

So how would a b16a2 set up to this then? That's another thing I been thinking about. That shell is a nice project I would like to work on, and if the motor wont go then I will just get the b16a. Cause I dont wanna deal with the emissions bullshit. I dont live in Cali, but I'm in the next step down from Cali, and that's MA. I hate this damn state cause nothing passes. If it doesn't end up passing, I might register in VT or FL. I just want to build this civic up. So, let me know what you all think about this engine and how it will fit in. Guess I will tell my cousin (the one I am getting the b18a from) thats he is bumming. Thanks for the info

You can put it in and have it run ok, it just won't be street legal.

I was never a fan of the b16, but it would probably be a better choice.

To pass the OBD inspection you need to put a motor 99 or newer in you car.

Back