Hellllp!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oakley2002@cox.net

First of all, I know next to nothing about this, a friend is doing almost all of the work.

I gathered all the parts and we jumped into this project today. I have been reading this as though I had a d16a6 where really I only have the d15b7 1.5l and am swaping a d16z6 head. Now I'm hearing things about the z6 distributor having to be modified and all this other stuff. I'm worried as my friend and I don't know anything about the above, and I don't know how many other problems I'll have since it's the d15b7.

Does the distributor really have to be modified? What else do I need to know that will be different than the d16a6 swap? My head came with the intake manifold, fuel rail and injectors, FPR, etc etc, and I bought all the new z6 gaskets and timing belt.

I know what you're going to say, I should have read up on it more. The thing is I did read up on it and my friend and I were confident. However, that was with a d16a6... *hits self on head*. Maybe I'm just freaking out because my car is in pieces right now.. I don't know.

Thanks!!!

Like we told you on HV you should get the Z6 Dizzy and ECU. You can make the B7 dizzy kinda fit and the B7 ECU will run the car untill you get a P28. Looks like you need a Z6 Dizzy. You can go ahead with everything else though. Unplug the oil line on the B7 block, and put the Z6 head on. Did you have it checked out? Is the Head level and free of cracks? Then you just have to add a couple wires for VTEC and get a Dizzy.

Back