Hello Again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
Well, I guess it's about that time where people find themselves wandering back to this site. Personally, it's been a very long time since I've actively posted. I've looked around the last couple weeks to try to figure out what's been going on, but I'm still lost so I'll be going through the threads more.

Anyway, I think it's been something like a year or two since I was last here so I'll share a little update.

Did another two study abroad trips with school. (Actually, now that I think about it I stopped posting around the time that I left for Spain.) Anyway, I did 3 months in Spain, flew back here for 8 days and then went to South Korea for a month. Both were fuggin awesome.

Last school year was my junior year at JWU, and it was pretty complicated and challenging. Enough said there.

I ran my own franchise with a company called College Pro Painters, from January to aroung May, but it wasn't a good fit. I didn't like it or believe in it, so it made selling jobs very hard. I was doing pretty good with hiring, but just couldn't get the ball rolling. I was told that if I didn't pick up business (a lot) that I would be shut down, so I decided to throw in the towel, cut my losses and work on getting myself out of debt.

Last August, I finally found the martial art I was looking for. (Blanco might remember some of our past threads on the subject.) I never thought I would find myself there (the kwoon is about 5 minutes from my house, and has been there ~20 years in the same location), but I joined White Dragon Kung Fu. This is as traditional as they come, folks, straight from the root. It is called Pai Lum, and has been passed down for over 1500 years through the Pai family. For those of you that want to do some background searching, it came to America through the late Daniel K. Pai.

Anyway, fast-forward another year, and I'm now a student instructor with Sifu Galiano, probably the foremost martial artist in the country. I'm learning how to run a successful business (my own martial arts school) and I'm getting unparallelled training, right here in Thornton, CO. There's 4 locations here in CO so far, and there are also establishments in Florida and much of the East Coast as well. Money is tight, and the debt thing sucks, but I've found myself in the right place and what better way to spend the rest of my life than doing what I love - martial arts.

w00t!

It's great. Nothing else better in my opinion. There's so much you can get from it, and a family atmosphere is that much better. Too many "fast food martial arts" out there, so make sure you get into something traditional and worth your while.

Yes, I was a member of a tight knit family when I was practicing in Los Banos. They all take care of each other and the teachings are specifically passed down from one sensei to another. It really was rewarding. A lot better than Ernie Reyes...

Hey guys, damn it feels good to talk to familiar people, eventhough I haven't met you guys yet.

So, I can tell my life has changed a lot. Today is my 21st birthday and all I have planned is Student Instructor class in Longmont. I went to lunch with my sister and my dad, and still haven't had anything to drink. All I'll probably do is have a margarita or something with my mom. The only thing different about this weekend is that this time I'll be able to go get my own beer, but since I'm broke, I won't even be doing that! HA HA. I think this is the most ironic birthday I've ever had.

Oh, and Cel, I recently sold the '81 4x4. Rear diff went out last summer, which I replaced. Then sometime in the fall the front seized up, and I never had the time or $ to replace that. Sold the wheels and tires separate, so total I got around $1200 for it. Didn't lose a whole lot, but that thing was FUN on Wheelin trips!

It's got a couple Hella lights in front, topper (carpeted lining w/ dome light), BedRug bedliner and a bike rack. It has a K&N air filter I think. The front bumper cover is loose on the bottom, and the only connectors to the frame were thin plastic pieces which broke off before I got it. So I'm trying to figure out a way to get it on there solid.

Back