1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello everyone! im new and need lotsa help!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 94dxHatch, Dec 4, 2006.

1. 94dxHatch

94dxHatch New Member

Well eveyone here's my story. I needed a car to get to and from work. so i bought this civic from a guy who works in my building, for 2500.00. after looking at the car and test driving i decided that it didnt seem like a bad price... or so i thought.

I've had the car a whole 6 weeks. this weekend the upper radiator hose blew coolant all over my engine and it overheated. i checked out the spark plug wires the next morning ( when it was cooled down) and two of them were warped. so i dedcided to replace the blown hose, drain and flush the coolant. while i was at it i cleaned my air filter and replaced my oil too. i didnt drive it anywhere, it was too late be the time i finished. so this morning i warmed up the car and everything seemed fine. well not even two miles down the road, i started seeing the white clouds of smoke coming from my tailpipe! im so frustrated! should i try to get my money back or should i just figure out whats wrong ( from what i hear could be a blown head gasket) and repair it myself?

2. spoolin@idle

spoolin@idle D Series FTL

chances are after blowing the coolant hose and overheating, and the head gasket has been on for quite a while, yes its blown. it doesn't take long at all to pull a head. get yourself the gasket (OEM is fine) and some permatex copper gasket spray. spray down a nice coat on both sides of the new gasket before it goes on. you might buy new head bolts too just in case. i never reuse head bolts but that's just me.

3. ms.tuner

ms.tuner Banned

your lucky its a honda. no worries, head gaskets on those are fairly easy. just replace it

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted