hello everyone! im new and need lotsa help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94dxHatch

Well eveyone here's my story. I needed a car to get to and from work. so i bought this civic from a guy who works in my building, for 2500.00. after looking at the car and test driving i decided that it didnt seem like a bad price... or so i thought.

I've had the car a whole 6 weeks. this weekend the upper radiator hose blew coolant all over my engine and it overheated. i checked out the spark plug wires the next morning ( when it was cooled down) and two of them were warped. so i dedcided to replace the blown hose, drain and flush the coolant. while i was at it i cleaned my air filter and replaced my oil too. i didnt drive it anywhere, it was too late be the time i finished. so this morning i warmed up the car and everything seemed fine. well not even two miles down the road, i started seeing the white clouds of smoke coming from my tailpipe! im so frustrated! should i try to get my money back or should i just figure out whats wrong ( from what i hear could be a blown head gasket) and repair it myself?

Well eveyone here's my story. I needed a car to get to and from work. so i bought this civic from a guy who works in my building, for 2500.00. after looking at the car and test driving i decided that it didnt seem like a bad price... or so i thought.

I've had the car a whole 6 weeks. this weekend the upper radiator hose blew coolant all over my engine and it overheated. i checked out the spark plug wires the next morning ( when it was cooled down) and two of them were warped. so i dedcided to replace the blown hose, drain and flush the coolant. while i was at it i cleaned my air filter and replaced my oil too. i didnt drive it anywhere, it was too late be the time i finished. so this morning i warmed up the car and everything seemed fine. well not even two miles down the road, i started seeing the white clouds of smoke coming from my tailpipe! im so frustrated! should i try to get my money back or should i just figure out whats wrong ( from what i hear could be a blown head gasket) and repair it myself?

chances are after blowing the coolant hose and overheating, and the head gasket has been on for quite a while, yes its blown. it doesn't take long at all to pull a head. get yourself the gasket (OEM is fine) and some permatex copper gasket spray. spray down a nice coat on both sides of the new gasket before it goes on. you might buy new head bolts too just in case. i never reuse head bolts but that's just me.

Back