Hello from Pendleton, OR!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

Hi everyone! Matt and I have made it to Oregon, where we're going to drive Ji's Rt. 20 this afternoon... :)

Left Boston a few days ago on Wednesday afternoon and headed out on I-90. The driving in the western part of North Dakota and in Montana was awesome. Also the downhills in the mountains between Montana, Idaho and Washington were really yummy. All that seat time on Rt. 17 in VT really really helped.

Instead of taking Matt's built up GS-R coupe, we compromised and opted for putting my GS-R sedan on the road. For a stock high mileage car, she is incredible. Not a tired car at all! And she'd basically sat in my backyard since buying her last November too. We put Matt's Del Sol seats in the car so he'd fit better in it. lol. With only an oil change, we jumped on the highway. We've owned all other challengers on the road and she handles like a dream. 30mpg when the cruise control is on, and less when we are enjoying ourselves. The a/c is ice cold too. lol. Once we get to California, she's getting a set of GC coilovers and Koni yellows put on her, plus Porterfield front brake pads and new rotors. Then we hit Colorado's Pikes Peak area on the way home...

I love my GS-R... I love all of my cars. :worthy:

Well we made it to California last night just in tome to catch the raplay of the F1 race. 4 days, 5 hours and 3900 miles, lots of it off the beaten path. The drive down through Oregon and Northern California was absolutely kickass, HIGHLY recommended! All in all, the drive was an absolute blast. Now time for an LSD swap among other things :)

Uhmmm...Driving a car all the way from Boston to CA, just to do suspention, brakes, LSD, and other stuff.....?

lol- im sure that the trip didn't focus around hooking up the car in cali. lol

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jun 14 2004, 12:56 PM
Uhmmm...Driving a car all the way from Boston to CA, just to do suspention, brakes, LSD, and other stuff.....?

The main purpose of the road trip was to go to California to meet up with some GS-R board members. We're now staying at one person's apartment. Matt's doing the LSD install on a car that is already here... otherwise, we've found some incredible roads to drive on in Oregon and Northern California. Twisty fast roads with no traffic on them! :)

Doing the suspension on my car is just because we didn't have time to get to it before we left Boston. Replacing some engine mounts too now. But the car runs like a champ, just like her sister (the Si). B)

Originally posted by randerson165@Jun 13 2004, 01:28 PM
haha, pendleton Oregon sux, i'm from oregon, make sure to say hi to all the NOTHING out there !!!

Well... Oregon is gorgeous and I love driving on your roads. I want to check out more of the mountainous regions next year. I guess that I lots of nothing then. lol. :)

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Jun 14 2004, 03:21 PM
Sweet where in Northern California are you?

Umm... well now we are staying at a friend's place in Sunnyvale. I'm ready to go back up to that area around Mount Shasta...

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Jun 14 2004, 05:01 PM-->
MaaseyRacer
@Jun 14 2004, 03:21 PM
Sweet where in Northern California are you?

Umm... well now we are staying at a friend's place in Sunnyvale. I'm ready to go back up to that area around Mount Shasta...

Yeah, the roads around Mt Shasta are great, plus if you get too hot, you can always take a dip in Lake Shasta, its like bath water around August !!!

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jun 14 2004, 11:56 AM

I was thinkin the same thing...

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+Jun 15 2004, 08:02 AM-->
Airjockie
@Jun 14 2004, 11:56 AM

I was thinkin the same thing...

Oookay. We wanted to take a GS-R to the GS-R meet, Matt's car is modded and setup for track. Stiff springs, roll cage and his a/c didn't work... Impulsively, we decided to take my sedan Monday, and left town on Wednesday afternoon. The Koni Yellows didn't take up much space in the car and part of this California get-together was Matt doing work on other members' cars... lol @ such a car-geeky vacation!

Porterfield Industries is located in Cali, and I ordered the pads yesterday. One of the guys here has an extra set of nice engine mounts that I can buy from him. I don't know, but working on my car out here makes sense to me...

:spin:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Jun 15 2004, 07:42 AM
I don't know, but working on my car out here makes sense to me...

I've got a legally separated wife (LSW) in California, a girlfriend in Chicago, and two women in Rhode Island who are no longer talking to me. And I'm taking care of two parrots for the aforementioned LSW.

Driving to California to work on a car seems pretty normal to me right about now. :)

Originally posted by number9+Jun 15 2004, 08:58 AM-->
94RedSiGal
@Jun 15 2004, 07:42 AM

I've got a legally separated wife (LSW) in California, a girlfriend in Chicago, and two women in Rhode Island who are no longer talking to me. And I'm taking care of two parrots for the aforementioned LSW.

Driving to California to work on a car seems pretty normal to me right about now. :)

holy shit :eek: Chip's a pimp!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 15 2004, 08:35 AM-->
Originally posted by number9@Jun 15 2004, 08:58 AM
94RedSiGal
@Jun 15 2004, 07:42 AM

holy shit :eek: Chip's a pimp!

Pimp, no.

Scared, yes! :unsure:

Back