Hello, havent posted in a minute!! :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ekPhred

Hello everybody! I havent posted in a minute... Anyway, A buddy of mine can get a hold of front and rear sways off of a '00 gsr. Anyway, I was wondering if I can utilize Si LCA's to put them on or do I have to get GSR's?

Another concern I have is suppose I get the GSR LCA's and front sways installed, can I install Si brakes front and back? Sorry for the n00b questions, not much of a suspension guy. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

-Fred

btw my car is a 97 cx, help me...! :p

itr/gsr lca's won't fit on an ek. they are too short.

as for the rest of your question, im not sure.

if you have an EK, you should already have the holes for the sway endlinks in your rear lca's

Alright, sounds good. Don't have to worry about the rear. However, do I have to replace the front LCA's if I put in the GSR front sway?

Originally posted by ekPhred@Nov 6 2003, 02:09 AM
Alright, sounds good. Don't have to worry about the rear. However, do I have to replace the front LCA's if I put in the GSR front sway?

ah, you might. i didn't have a front sway on my EK, had better turn in with out it.

Really? I would think you would have better turn it with the sways. So is this swap even worth it? My backend is really stiff (Pillar bar and tie bar) and I wanted something to stiffen up my front. I dont' want to put a tower bar because I'm waiting to swap in my motor.

What does your setup consist of b16?

Also, I want to know if anybody else are running sways on their EK's as well, so if you have sways, please post and how you installed it, thank you!

Originally posted by ekPhred@Nov 6 2003, 02:23 PM
I dont' want to put a tower bar because I'm waiting to swap in my motor.

Are you serious? It takes all of 5 minutes to put on a front upper strut tower bar. When you swap the motor, just unbolt it.

if you have a VERY agressive rear sway you end up with lots of oversteer
so adding a front will reduce that

too much of anything is never a good thing

but its better to keep the better rear bar and add a front than to go a little weaker one on the rear (from a maximum performance stand point)

kinda like you wouldnt try to get your car to make less power if you had traction issues, you just get better tires

Originally posted by ekPhred@Nov 6 2003, 11:23 AM
Really? I would think you would have better turn it with the sways. So is this swap even worth it? My backend is really stiff (Pillar bar and tie bar) and I wanted something to stiffen up my front. I dont' want to put a tower bar because I'm waiting to swap in my motor.

What does your setup consist of b16?

Also, I want to know if anybody else are running sways on their EK's as well, so if you have sways, please post and how you installed it, thank you!

my 96 coupe i had w/B16 was like this
strut bars front and rear, lower rear tie bar, ITR rear sway bar, no front sway, tein ss coilovers. the car felt really good that way, by adding oversteer.
on my del sol vtec i have:
stock front strut bar, rear ITR sway bar, stock front sway bar, and tein ha coilovers. car still has some oversteer, but i did like the coupe better without the front bar. its really a matter of preference, the del sol is a little more predictable than the coupe was.

khrisb - I don't want to put a tower bar yet is because I have a CX and the airbox completely blocks the way of the bar so I don't plan on putting it on at this moment.

I'm thinkin of not getting the GSR at all and getting an ITR rear sway because I've heard good things about it not only on this forum but friends from other's as well. Then run around with that setup for a while then maybe get an Si sway later on down the line, any other suggestions?

So far I have Tein FLEX, J's Racing pillar bar, and Cusco lower tie bar as my current setup.

I'm slowly learning about suspension mods so any more help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Back