Hello HS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NaRex90

Hey people
i just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I drive a 90 rex with 170xxx on the dile.... well i don't drive it because the guy i bought it from really fed up the engine and body wiring harness. I need to buy a new one and then i should be rolling. The current engine is a d16a6 with a lame D series tranny. In the nearby future i will replace the tranny with an Si tranny and build the block for n/a, and will be shooting for 140 h.p.:D

Spend $400. Get a ZC swap with a zc trans. Slap that in there and you're at 130hp. Well, given a healthy motor. Intake, header, exhaust and you're at your goal for under $1000.

exactly^...and is the d16a6 the original motor from that car??
cuz if it is then your car is an si and already has an si tranny..

no it's a dx:(.
The previous owner fed the whole harness up.
He said the ecu was chipped for ls-v and that a different ecu ( for d16a6) would make it run alot better ( was running rich as FU ). we took it to my friends house and replaced ecu and nothing it started once but died one second l8er. :eek: I was beyond pissed of when i took a closer look at the harness, but there is nothing i can do now. Also somebody broke into the engine bay before and the key hole thingy you put the key in for the trunk fell out of place?!?! how the fu does that happen? What kind of harness would i have to purchase to run the ZC? Oh did i mention that the mounts are beyond fed up and the tranny is anything but smooth. ( i got scammed) :angry:

Get energy suspension inserts for the mounts.. Incredible upgrade for very little money. Works on busted mounts. Will make your dash rattle but wheel hop will be reduced.

89 teg harness for the ZC i believe.. Si will work with a little modification.

Tranny could just need a flush and new fluid. Some people never ever change it for some reason.

Best of luck with it all.

thank u ^

What axels would i have to use i just went through a thread stating the issue with the Axels on the Zc swap stating that 89 and older axels are to short. There was no answer to the question which sucks. on my end. 1st things 1st i am in need for a full harness so i can drive the Rex to at least my house. With this being said i also used the search button and found out that the si harness will not work with the dx body. So how am i going to run my D16 if the hanress will not work with my body style?

watch out for dacheat, she will be all over you.

:lmao:

and who might she be???

it's me. welcome, noob. pics of your rex, or ban! (kidding, but srsly, pics).

also - the harness. yick. but it's sort-outable - and if not, you can sell your rex to me. :D also - don't wrap that rex around a tree or a guard rail or i really *will* be all over you.

:squint:

:lmao:

it's me. welcome, noob. pics of your rex, or ban! (kidding, but srsly, pics).

also - the harness. yick. but it's sort-outable - and if not, you can sell your rex to me. :D

i will take pics when i get to my friends House again. I doubt the harness is sortable ( will take pic to prove it). I paid 1300 for this damn thing i doubt i will get that back.

ohohohohhhhh depends on the body. :D

and the harness - i meant it is replaceable. you can get one for your particular swap/setup through rywire. $100ish.

body is in Very good condition no rust or anything just needs a hood and 1 trim piece

rywire wants the dx harness and the si hanress to make it though isn't that right? If so then i would still need to buy an original harness and an si harness

LMFAO! huh.... wonder who did that :p

:cough:aleaf:cough:

didnt she get "rear ended" ..........that was not a sexual comment.

i didn't just get "rear ended," i got ass reamed in broad daylight while sitting at a full stop by a coca cola company car doing 45mph, which then shoved me up the steel-bumpered ass of an econoline work van. it was a full on dacheat sammich and i was not pleased.

:(

i didn't just get "rear ended," i got ass reamed in broad daylight while sitting at a full stop by a coca cola company car doing 45mph, which then shoved me up the steel-bumpered ass of an econoline work van. it was a full on dacheat sammich and i was not pleased.

i'm sorry to hear that... did u kick his ass?

i wish i coulda done the assreaming:D
j/k

Back