Hello, I am a newbie

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ls40095

You guys have a great message board here, glad to have found it and hope I can contribute at some point.

I used to run dealer plates, most of it was for my personal use. I love hondas and acuras, simply the best ground pounding cars I have ever see.

I still buy some salvage stuff from insurance companys, if I can help anyone here who may need information to source info, just let me know.

thanks

"I used to run dealer plates"

My cousin introduced me to his friend that had dealer plates (used car) for years.
He had a very successful gas station and had not operated as a dealer per say for years, as far as buying and selling cars actively but kept the plates and went through the yearly inspection process just to keep 3 plates and insurance on them for his personal use.

He leased me a plate on a YOY basis and I had to also sign on as an agent, in order to operate (buy and sell at auctions and for it to be legal in the state)

It was cool to travel to auctions as I live in the North East and used to fly to Atlanta and buy Preludes, Del Sols, Civics...etc and drive them home and flip them. The Atlanta market is huge. Some of the cars brought more money down there but lots has original paint and were very clean and banks sold repos cheap. I loved the drive back but did everything myself and did not reach my dream which was to buy 13 or more cars at a time and have them transported back home.

If you guys want to get a look at some weird stuff, go to Bishop Brothers or the Atlanta auto auction and walk through 100s and sometimes 1000s of cars!

Hard to find civic SRI hatchbacks and stuff like that is cool, I would go nuts sometimes, wanting to buy everything... lol

Oh ok. I have a dealer licence and run plates myself. I thought you were "running" like, fencing, stolen plates.

No way. There are many dishonest people in the business, that makes it hard for guys like us to make a decent living.

BTW: Not sure if I posted my question properly about the problem I have with my GSR. Please take a look if you would....

thanks

icon1.gif
start up problem 95 GSR
HELP!

Bought another GSR (95) cant get it to start and cant remember the alarm and how it may effect the system.

Bought the car last week, it has some body damage and it ran fine, but stupid me locked the keys in it while it was running. I pulled a few cap wires off to get it to stall then disconnected the battery. I had the car delivered today and was told that the towing service just dumped a slim jim in the door to open the doors and put it on a hook to deliver.

When the car got to my residence, it would not start. Checked fuses and the alarm, it cranks fine and you can smell fuel, all the lines seem to be connected.

It has the stock indicator on top of the steering column but has a pad with the keys that looks to be after market. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it many times and also the timing belt is fine, just cant get it to fire and wondering if something needs to be reset, no spark it seems..

Thanks

ignitor relay, likely. And during the day we hang out at work and have fun in the General forum. The technical forums usually get hit more at night. And don't get the idea that we ignore the technical forums - it's just that comparatively the General forum is SLAMMED with people at any given point.

So a post in the technical sections is more correct. We get to that when we get home from our day jobs.

Back