Hello new here with some swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91hizatch

Hello my name is tom I lucked out and picked up
A 91 hatch for a $500. Trade in labor . the last owner
Is an old Customer of mine . When she bought the car it had 212xxx on the clock
The original owners only ever had it serviced at the dealer
So long story short she over heated it pretty badly
Badly and needed a new car so I offered to buy it and helped her find a new car
2002 civic ex 4 door 5 speed .

So I want to do a mini me swap on the car
And need some advice .
I did some research and it looks like I can go 92-95 civic head , intake , dizzy , ecu , and o2 sensors
And make it happen? What else do i need ?
Fuel line from filter to rail ?
Exhaust manifold ?
I will bump my post count tonite and post up some pics
Today I'm picking up the original cylinder head from the machine shop and
Hopefully driving it Saturday or possibly tonite if I stay late at work to put the thing together
Thanks again for any advice
Tom

if it is currently DFPI, you will need to make the DPFI to MPFI changes - you will need OBD0 to OBD1 ECU jumper - some jumpers are available with the wiring already incorporated for the DPFI to MPFI - yes you need the fuel line from the pump to the fuel rail - exhaust: easiest to just buy an ebay header

its a little more than that. when you say mini me swap i imagine you are adding a vtec head ie d16y8 or z6 i believe. you also have to change the timing belt run a wire for vtec and a head gasket for the y8 motor. Alsowhen you pull the head between cyl 2 and 3 theres a plug you have to remove. its a little more than i think you think it is. Your best bet would be to just drop in a d16y8 motor but at the point why not a b18. its all money in the end but build what you will be happy with in the end. i would bolt it back together as it is and save up for a diiferent motor all together. the d15's have weak rods. if you want a budget motor build a d16 and you could use your trans and mounts. hope this helps. also i have a hatch ive been trying to sell. its an 88 w/b18a1 i have forged pistons excedy clutch, arp rod bolts, and a ebay turbo kit. its all puled apart at the moment and would sell for pretty cheap. trans is good but not lsd. all the mounts for the b18 are there etc. theres other small things done to the car also. the car is barred for the swap in cali and i am in nevada.

jlicrx thanks for the info
redlineracer999 sounds like solid advice
i saw the plug when i was putting the car together tonite
drove it home but the clutch is slipping really badly im pretty sure this is how the po over heated it.

it is all about money isnt it?
finding the right swap sounds like the way to go

Back