Hello, Newbie with a power question!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Shaunzo3000

Hi i've just recently bought a 1990 gen 4 civic gl. Its a 1.4 8v with dual carbs. Basically i love the old school looks but was just wondering which is the best way to go if i want power gains? I've used the search option but keep coming up with nothing so i would appreciate any help you guys can give me. Im not looking for anything lightning fast just want more power.
Thanks for your help.

Shaun :)

i would go to a FI conversion...anything over that set-up you have now. plus you will find out that alot of the carb stuff is getting harder to find and if passing smog is an issue in your state you will have problems soon if you dont have that issue already. look for a 1.8 DOHC non vtec for your swap. this could be a good chunk of cash depending on if you have a good source of used engines and cars for everything you'll need. complete engine with manifolds, trans, ecu, wire harness, axles, mounts, etc. thats my suggestion. i'm sure others here can also help you decide what to get and even give you more info for your build

if you want to stay old school get a weber 36/32 carb. and a better intake/header/exhaust. this will give you more power and stay old school. its not a hard swap at all.

Thanks for the replies. Despain i like the sound of uprating the carbs this was the route i was thinking of going. It was either that or a full engine swap but i think it could be a bit expensive.

Back