Hello people, I am new, count on me to help you!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Import Builders@Apr 5 2004, 09:59 PM
Pistons, from 9:1 up to about 11:1 are available for it. Rods are not, in a low price that is. The chinese companies don;t understand the piston is only 75 MM, and the rod widths are like 76+ MM. It defy's logic.

How are the rods so wide? The B series rods aren't even that big...

they are all like 3.031 inches. Which is like 76 MM?

Every single one.

And they refuse to make them smaller. So there is like 10,000 single cam rods in the US that are unusable.

Originally posted by Import Builders@Apr 6 2004, 12:36 PM
they are all like 3.031 inches. Which is like 76 MM?

Every single one.

And they refuse to make them smaller. So there is like 10,000 single cam rods in the US that are unusable.

I got 76.9874mm from that... which part is that wide? The rod journal end?

That's crazy. Doesn't losing a ton of money from making these wrong size rods convince them to do something different?

NO, these manufacturers in China just repeat the same thing over and over again and can't seem to think for themselves. All I hear is:

"but eagle rods are these specs, they sell 10 million dollars a year in rods"

Even when I show the guy it doesn't fit, he doesn't care! I am wrong, eagle is right.

Most unreal conversation I have ever seen ever. You have a block, you hand the rod to the guy, you say:

"Ok, put the rod into the block"

It does not fit. Its too big/wide.

And then you ask him:

"See, it doesn't fit, you going to change it now?"

Answer:

"No, we do it the same way as eagle, theirs sells 10M a year, etc etc etc"

I mean its like argueing religion or something. They are totally blind, and REFUSE to change, or admit they are wrong.

So, the lesson learned from this is about relativism. lol.

Relatively speaking, I would wrong, because the majority says I am wrong. However, I am right.

Whatever. I don;t sell single cam rods anymore, so much problems.

Jeff

:lmao:

That's funny! I guess that's their loss then. There are enough aftermarket D series rods out there anyway.

Back