Helmet for autox

Which Helmet ?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
I kinda want an open face and I'm restricted to how much I can spend I found two I acually wouldn't mind owning and they are both M2000 rated.

s408eb01c81664.jpg

link for details
CS-12 Format MC-2

or
s408eaff5e7f05.jpg

link for details
CS-5 Silver

opinions please.

also wtf size do I buy, I know I can wear Brian's or Bill's and Eric's, I think they are XL but can be 100% certian.

Thanks in advance

I am a big fan of the closed face helmet. I just like the added protection, and I am a big fan of the face sheild. Especially at the last auto-x I went to they required us to keep our windows down, and I spit up a few pebbles into the car. :)

all 3 of our helmets are Larges. shoei may vary between hjc though. maybe try to find a chart to compare the inches.

i dunno.. the open facers just look so homo-erotic. they never do it for me.

its surely much easier to drive with... but smacking yoru jaw on the whell is going to hurt, too. full face for me.

consider going with a true SNELL SA 2000 certified helment. They SA goes through more shit then motorcylce helments.

I will be picking up a new helement too pretty soon. I was thinking about just using my old 95 helment for one more year just so I can buy one of the snell 2005's so it will be good for 10 more years.

our leage doesn't require SA's... and Dennis only see's a couple autox's a year.... i don't think a $300 SA helment is in his best interest.

yea, I guess your right. I would then vote for the first one, even though I am not a big fan of that decal design, but what ever.

I like this one...

CS12FMTMC1.jpg

or this one

CL-14PrimeMC-1.jpg

Second one is a little more, like 120.

I prefer open face for car (I have the HJC openface in black now). But for biking closed face may be more comfortable. I also wear glasses, so a closed face is a major pain for me. When the helmet shifts my eyeglasses down, I can't readjust them. And my vision starts to shake.

-> Steve

I just got a closed face shoei rf-1000...

actually my dad just got a shoei x-eleven and rf-1000 for his cruiser but since my mom is afraid to get on the bike, he gave the rf-1000 to me. It's only M2000 rated though :( but it's DOT SNELL approved :D

I purchased a GForce 650 open faced from soloracer.com for $102 shipped... GREAT helmet.. VERY comfortable... M2000 rated... Hopefully I'll get to try it out this year sometime... :)

And BTW... it doesn't look NEARLY as homo-erotic as that Martian lookin $68 one you posted a pic of... lol

yeah I bought the cs-12 instead of the martian face.
won't be here in time for Sunday but I'll have it for all the other events.

Originally posted by Celerity@Apr 28 2004, 10:46 AM
I prefer open face for car (I have the HJC openface in black now). But for biking closed face may be more comfortable. I also wear glasses, so a closed face is a major pain for me. When the helmet shifts my eyeglasses down, I can't readjust them. And my vision starts to shake.

-> Steve

i wear glasses ... ive never had a problem .... are you sure you are wearing the proper size helmets???

:hmm:

Yeah, I'm a medium - very good fit. The glasses ride around in a closed face helmet, but on an open face they rarely move. If they do move, a simple nudge of the gloves will correct it.

Sorry for not clarifying that.

I do prefer an open face helmet, because the distortion of (even a really high quality) face mask is enough to present a hazard in my eyes.

-> Steve

Back