Helmet's for track and auto

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

I want to buy a helment for autocross and hopefully a track day

I dont want to spend a ton of coin. Looking at something like this

NEW SNELL HJC CL-16 FULL MOTORCYCLE HELMET MATTE MD | eBay

This may be a dumb Q but does it matter that it is motorcycle helment, they seem to be cheaper. I figure if the Snell date is right I should be good??

depends on the club you are tracking with
some allow M rated helmets some require SA rated helmets

depends on the club you are tracking with
some allow M rated helmets some require SA rated helmets

To be on the safe side I'll go with a SA, I dont want to be dined from running due to a helment. Besides ebay any good sites for prices?

apexperformance.net enter coupon darksidede for 10% off.

They have some new zamp helmets coming out in may that are affordable.

apexperformance.net enter coupon darksidede for 10% off.

They have some new zamp helmets coming out in may that are affordable.

thanks there are some nice looking helmets, I might save up some cash and buy one that has a bit of style to it. Untill then I have been borrowing my bros Snell-M2005 helment.

http://www.saferacer.com is where i bought mine from.

i'd recommend sa2010.

the 2005's are probably still usable at most tracks, but the 2010 will last you 5 more years.

I have this
http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-pro-vintage-sa2010-graphics-helmet.html?productid=2343
in a sa 2005 model (bought it a few years back)

The most important thing is fit.

If you don't know your size, you should really hit up a motorcycle shop first and see how brands run and fit on your head before ordering online if you don't have a shop near by that sells good helmets. Hard to find anything but dirt or 'harley' style helemts around here, and SA, forget it.

Last edited:
I agree, get an SA2010. I have the same helmet as B without the gay ass flames. :) Mine is an SA2000. I need to get a new helmet myself.

I have the G-Force Pro Eliminator.

G-FORCE Products - Pro Eliminator Helmet

It's sa2005, and it is probably one of the best track helmets I've owned. It's HANS compatible, and rather comfortable in 105F weather.

Buy an sa2010 helmet, and don't skimp. Get one with pre-drilled HANS mounts for down the road when you need it.

Back