Helms Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RejecK

I would like to buy a Helms manual for my 1996 Honda Civic DX Coupe w/ !997 Civic EX engine but the site has many things to choose from. Would someone tell me what I should/need to all buy in order to actually know something about my car. All I know is I want the paper version and that it is a 60 dollar book.
Should I get Electrical troubleshooting or other things they offer and which book should i get? The three listed below were all $60+ books so.....?

1996 Civic 2/3/4 Door Shop Manual
1996-2000 Civic Service Manual
1996-97 Civic Shop Manual

Any help is muchly appericated.

I ordered one of mine for them, but I found the other from a member here that was getting a different car so he let it go cheaper. Look around you can probably find them for about $30-$50

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 30 2003, 09:02 PM
I ordered one of mine for them, but I found the other from a member here that was getting a different car so he let it go cheaper. Look around you can probably find them for about $30-$50

And who would that be? :)

Anyways, you want to buy the 1996 Civic 2/3/4 Door Shop Manual. This will have everything from your chassis to the overhead dome light. It's like 67 shipped and takes a friggin' month to get.

Hey man check out Chilton manuals... they are nice... I always have loved the Haynes but they didnt make one for the prelude i needed! So I went with Chilton.. it has helped me greatly with my motor swap! Its very nice and detailed too! It even has the accords in it which really helped me out! Im guessing the civics would just have all the years of the civics! I got the Chilton at a Napa auto parts store! Good luck

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@May 31 2003, 03:15 PM
Hey man check out Chilton manuals... they are nice... I always have loved the Haynes but they didnt make one for the prelude i needed! So I went with Chilton.. it has helped me greatly with my motor swap! Its very nice and detailed too! It even has the accords in it which really helped me out! Im guessing the civics would just have all the years of the civics! I got the Chilton at a Napa auto parts store! Good luck

NOOOOOOOOO, Chiltons = less info for more vehicles in one book. Example, 84 - 95 civic/crx/delsol

Helms = car and year specific info, in a book dedicated to said year and model. Example, 94 civic

Thanks AFI :D

Alright thanks guys.
I already got a Haynes and its on the same route as chilton. Too much varations in details and info.
should I place an order for anything else while I am at it?

Originally posted by Afipunk21+May 30 2003, 09:30 PM-->
@May 30 2003, 09:02 PM

And who would that be? :)

Anyways, you want to buy the 1996 Civic 2/3/4 Door Shop Manual. This will have everything from your chassis to the overhead dome light. It's like 67 shipped and takes a friggin' month to get.

i got mine in like 5 days

Back