Help- 1987 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bigceap

I have 1987 Honda CRX SI stick shift but I blew my stock engine. Now Im tryin to get a engine swap that costs no more than 1200 including the engine and the labor. Where the hell can I go in Southern Cali to get something like that?

you're not going to find an engine and install for $1200.

buy an engine and pay someone you know and trust to do it. shouldn't cost more than $300 in labor.

if you was in CT, $1200 would get me a hell of a lot of beer, and you would have a rebuilt D15A3 with a turbo or carbs.... and smoke anything you raced...

but you would have to do the work, I'll just hint you on how to do it....and offer a place with tools to do it with...

mmmm....$1200 of beer.......

I went to labjunkies and they were gonna do it for 1000 but then they said they cudnt cuz they cudnt find a part. Now i got some dude tryna do it for 1100 but thats for a prelude carb engine but I have FI

if you try and cheap out, you are going to pay extra in the long run. i would just get a long block for $500 and pay $500 to have someone swap it.

dude the prelude motor probaly wont fit. your best bet on that car unless you are experienced at swaping hondas is the d15 that came in the car

What happened to your motor? Did it toss a rod or did it just stop running one day? Is it rebuildable?

If you source a stock d15 it is going to be 22+ years old, with old seals and old sensors, etc.. You are just inviting a headache.

Your best bet, I would think, is to hit up A few engine rebuilders and get prices from them. It'll eat most of your $1200 if not more, but you will have a fresh, new motor with zero issues and fresh gaskets in it. Then drop it in yourself. It isn't nearly as hard as you think it is.

Personally, I would source a ZC from Hmotorsonline.com and install that.

zc wont drop right in though the bellhousing bolt patern and the engine mounts are all diffrent. it would be easier to put a b series in than a zc as there are mounts available to do that swap. The D16a1 does bolt right it but you still have to do some wiring and change the spindles out for 87-89 integra spindles.

Back