help 88 b16 build end of my rope

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yellow88crx

I have an 88 si that I dropped a b16 in, everything is hooked up, I am using a pr3 ecu, car starts, sounds ok, I hit 2500 rpm and the motor cuts out and dropps to a lower rpm I can keep shifting and drive normally as long as I dont break 2500 rpms which kinda sucks. there are codes, I will hopefully have them up tomorrow, but for now any suggestions? I will give you any other info you need.
Thank you!

its running in limp mode,so the car wont let you rev over a certain rpm,diagnose the codes,,,
i cleared mine by swapping back and fourth between 2 ecu's,took about 4 switches but its fine now

so I get to read the codes, 6, 7, 10, 15, 21, havent had a chance to really check on anything because I go to put it in the garage, put the car in reverse and boom, something blows from the engine compartment. The car had been going into reverse a little hard, but I figured it was cause the flywheel, clutch and tranny had been sitting for quite some time (about 3 years), after the boom, I see smoke coming from the ignition somewhere, I pulled the key, and after everything stopped tried starting the car again. All I get is click, click click from the starter, any ideas? The guy that had the car before me butchered the wiring under the dash because he was doing a "custom" push button starter I am so far not amused. Will the interior harness and ignition fit from any other hondas?

thats alot of work to change out the harness, if the starter is just clicking start by check ur battery and connections.

Back