HELP 89crx GAS leak!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shadycrx89

i just bougt my crx today and it has like a half tank of gas left. so today as we put the crx into my tow trailer i noticed it was leaking gas as we drove it. But as we sat the crx down the leak stopped! can you tell me what might be wrong with my gas tank??

yea i looked under but i couldnt see any hole. and its wierd cuz i still have alot of gas inside it. it only leaks when the front is up and the rear is down as i towed the car, when the car is flat on the ground it does not leak, then when its up it leaks!

Could always get it welded. I wouldnt do it but its another option if it has a hole. The seal around the fuel pump may also be leaking. The best thing to do is drop the tank and inspect it.

I've had the wire hose clamp rust thru and loosen therefore causing a leak at the filler hose/tank. Or could be the return line too..?
Just my .02
E

In both of my 91 hatches it was leaking from the line that goes right up into the car.. there is a shield on the side of the gas tank, closest to the driver door, thats covering gas lines... the hose was clamped on a metal tube...im pretty shure the crx is the same..

Back