help! 90si b16a3 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

day1

Bought a 1990 Civic Si shell. My crx was a rust bucket so I swapped my b16a3 that I had in it into my 90 Si shell. The shell did not come with a wiring harness so I used my harness from my CRX Si (1988 ZC) I have a conversion harness for the dizzy.

I also have the obd0 to obd1 conversion harness for my p28. The crx ran great. The car cranks but wont start I have the ZC injectors on the b16 fuel rail. I had to pin out the driver wiring clip on the LF strut. I had 2 wires left over blue and black with yellow. I was told it is for a fitv i believe for the d16 but the b16 doesnt run it. Colors dont match up perfect on the RF strut tower clips but it plugs in. (The 14 wire clip and the 6 wire clip)

Ok so for the problem... cranks but wont start I spary a little starter fluid and i can get it to kick on playing with the throttle a bit. After about 20secs of playing with the throttle the car will idle on its own at 700-800rpm. I go to rev it and cuts out immediately at 3000rpm. After i turn it off it will start back up if hot. I have swapped 3 main relays. If the motor is cold or sits for more than 20mins then it wont fire up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

clips006.jpg

clips008.jpg

clips005.jpg

Back