1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help 91 civic hatch

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by efalex, Sep 19, 2008.

1. efalex

efalex New Member

so i was thinking about boosting my 91 civic hatch, now i am not gonig to do that beacause of money issues. its a 91 dx hatch, apexi exhaust and meagan lowering springs and a no name intake.... my cars non vtec and a 4 speed so i didnt know where to start.

2. ejclide

ejclide Swapper for life!

start with research. by that I mean plug in 91 civic, and just see what comes up. You may want to swap, or change the tranny out with a 5sp, or something.

On that note, I would recommend a B18A1 swap. Plenty of bang for the buck in an older civic, and it's not too complicated.

3. red91efhatch

red91efhatch New Member

Yeah first off I believe you have a d15b1 engine, if so it will not handle any boost before blowing up, plus even with boost you may only get about 100hp, ejclide is correct choose another more powerful engine to start out with b18a is a good start, handles boost well (if you decide to) etc. some of the D-series guys on here may be able to help you out also.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted