1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help 92 prelude

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by iroccamero, Dec 2, 2009.

1. iroccamero

iroccamero New Member

Ok i was wondering if any one has ever had the same problem as what I'm going threw. ok i have a 92 prelude with a problem. ok the car wont start and stay running it will start and then dye instantly. one thing i have noticed is when i turn on the key the electrical gages don't turn on until i crank it over but the second i release it from the crank position all the gages turn off and if it started it dies when i release the ignition from the crank position any help would be greatly appreciated

2. iroccamero

iroccamero New Member

and FYI it was running fine before today minus yesterday when driving home the gauges started going on and off a few times but never died but when i woke up to go to work is when it wouldn't start and stay running

3. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

check your grounds. sounds like a short some where. any work done to it recently?

4. iroccamero

iroccamero New Member

no work done to it it just happened

5. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

sounds like a ground wire or one of the wires from or to the dizzy. check that first

6. iroccamero

iroccamero New Member

OK so it was the ignition switch that was the problem the switch behind the key wasn't getting a good connection

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted