help... 93 del sol b16a no clutch pedal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i bought the car last night and like it but i drove it last night fine and then this morning i had no clutch pedal at all.... so i look and i had zero brake fluid in the clutch resevor.... so i filled it up and tried to bleed it but nothing.. the pedal came up a little but not much at all. also had a thick dark grey paste in the resevor like grease, so i cleand it out but nothing.... i think i have a bad clutch master cylinder

my question is how do i know if it is the slave cylinder or the master cylinder?? and i bled the system but it still has no pedal....

my problem is the Master Cylinder

have a look under where the pedals are, i have exactly the same problem right now and my local mechanic had a look wear the clutch pedal joins on from inside the car and he said it's definately a leaking master cylinder...

i noticed it driving uphill, all of a sudden my clutch pedal stayed down and shortened by a 3 or 4 inches, that scared the sh*t out of me.

they go for around $39 online, just have a look at the level before you drive until its replaced.

Back