1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help... 93 del sol b16a no clutch pedal

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 93gsintegra, Aug 28, 2006.

1. 93gsintegra

93gsintegra Member

i bought the car last night and like it but i drove it last night fine and then this morning i had no clutch pedal at all.... so i look and i had zero brake fluid in the clutch resevor.... so i filled it up and tried to bleed it but nothing.. the pedal came up a little but not much at all. also had a thick dark grey paste in the resevor like grease, so i cleand it out but nothing.... i think i have a bad clutch master cylinder

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

so what's your question?

3. 93gsintegra

93gsintegra Member

my question is how do i know if it is the slave cylinder or the master cylinder?? and i bled the system but it still has no pedal....

4. Sir2

Sir2 Junior Member

my problem is the Master Cylinder

have a look under where the pedals are, i have exactly the same problem right now and my local mechanic had a look wear the clutch pedal joins on from inside the car and he said it's definately a leaking master cylinder...

i noticed it driving uphill, all of a sudden my clutch pedal stayed down and shortened by a 3 or 4 inches, that scared the sh*t out of me.

they go for around $39 online, just have a look at the level before you drive until its replaced.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted