Help.96-98 ITR into EG,0BD Q'S + Harness Q'S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4drCivicTypeR

OK, I Will Be Getting(On Its Way) 96-98 Integra Type R Motor,.B18C Spec R.

Its JDM(thus the harness will be weird,Going to the LH Side For The Ecu)

I want to swap this into my 94 civic.
-Do i stay with the type r ecu OBD2.(rember jdm,doesnt need a tank press sensor or the 2nd 02 sensor)and get a conversion harness for the ecu into the 0bd1 harness.
-Or do i go 0BD1 and run a chipped p28?

Saying i go obd2. what will i need to do..Conversion harness i assume.Do i get a new engine harness from a usdm vehical say a si or ls/gsr 0bd1 and re wire the obd2 conctions.so that it will clip into my shock tower,since it would be a 0BD1 harness.
Or do i use a obd2 engine harness>>? seems harder at the shock tower i would think tho..

Also im guessing the tegs mounts will work?am i correct.?axels i would think should be ok//or are the splines different since its on a 5lug type r.?

any suggestions or help very aprciated/thanx alot!

you will have to convert it to obd 2, cause the motor is obd 2. you can find the conversion harness at hasport if you need and maybe give them a call and ask them some questions dealing with the swap.

obd1 is more easily tuned... id would go chipped p28...you can use your existing engine harness as well, just swap out things like injector plugs and add vtec etc etc.

Originally posted by dragon2003@Mar 1 2005, 10:51 PM
you will have to convert it to obd 2, cause the motor is obd 2. you can find the conversion harness at hasport if you need and maybe give them a call and ask them some questions dealing with the swap.
[post=467997]Quoted post[/post]​

um no.

disregard this post. it's all wrong.

Use your oem harness. depending on the model of your civic, you may have to run vtec wires in addition (ex/si won't have to) and possibly alter the o2 signal (cx/vx need to go to 4-wire) wires.

after that, simply swap the plugs for the alt, the injectors, and paste the single plug onto the dual plug of the obd1 harness for the distributor. everything just lines up... its just 1 plug instead of two on obd1.

run a chipped p28 and a vafc to fine tune, or even better, throw some uberdata on the p28 and hit up the dyno.

wicked thanx dude..but i can run it with obd2 ecu using the conversion harness.with that setup intell i get some money and go obd1 with hondata or something am i correct?//thanx alot..best help yet!/
also i think there is a knock sensor.but thats one wire.so all just find the pinout on the ecu and wire that up.thanx again. Have you done this swap before? or another obd2 into eg swap?

Back