HELP!!!! 96 Acura Integra LS Engine Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxsuravianxx

Hi,
I have been Doing research to possibly do an engine swap to my completely stock 1996 Acura Integra LS :cry:

I would like to stick with a V-Tech Engine But to as what series I don't know I have up to 6,000 to 7,000 dollars available (I have been saving for a while)

I was going to use the money to buy another car with more Horsepower but I like this car and I like the Integra so buying another car that would look the same as mine is (in my opinion) a stupid idea.

I have friends with bays available and I have a couple of my parents friends to help me with it so I don't need how to put it in I just need Which engine to put in.

I have one last question when Buying Aftermarket parts for the engine how do I go about buying them?

Thank you

Suravian

With all that cash the world is yours. First off, you would want the cream of the crop of all the B series... The JDM B18C Spec R motor and tranny swap(210hp/130tq), price should be around $4000 or you could be the first on your block to do the more potent JDM K20A swap(220hp/206tq), $5500. The K20 has a lot more potential but will run more money to modify whereas the B series which has been around for a while will be a lot easier. Most of the ground work has been done already and aftermarket parts are a lot cheaper.

As for buying aftermarket parts... stay away from the el cheapo ebay shit. Do your own research as what will work for you. Every company says there parts make the most power and they are all basically in the same ball park. Hope this helps.

One.

:no:
Are you on crack?
The JDM K20:
220 Hp 158Trq 11.5 Compression (JDM)
Then the JDM B18c5:
200Hp 134Trq 11.1 Compression(JDM)

lol, i just wish that the k20 had that kind of torque, otherwise ida been saving for that swap in a ef chassis.

Thank You

I will do some research for the aftermarket parts and I will do some research on the k20a engine I think I will get it.

I saved since I was 16 for a car and actually found one for about 3,000 less than what I had expected to pay.

I have a question if I wanted to upgrade the turbo or anything on the engine would I look for my car year and make or would I look for the RSX Type-S(the car the engine is originally in)

Thanks guys
~Suravian~

You're gonna spend a LOT more than $5500 for a K-series...you've still got to get mounts, an aftermarket FPR, custom fuel lines, a harness made (good luck doing it yourself), K-pro (you can't just slap the ECU on because of the immobilizer), a header (as far as I know, you can't use the stock header...I may be wrong, though...someone correct me if I'm mistaken), and so on and so forth.

oh I Didn't think of that if I spend about 6,000 on the engine how much more will I have to spend to put it in.

How long do you think it will take to put in I would like to do it all @once since this is my everyday car

Could someone PM me or Reply with a list of other stuff I would need or replace?

Thanks
~Suravian~

It's gonna take you a while...I know of 2 people who are in the process of this swap, a friend of mine here in Lufkin and K-series on here (he's got a longass thread about it)...and both of them are several MONTHS in the process.

IMO, a K-series swap is NOT ideal for an everyday car, unless you've got another car to drive while you're doing the swap. It's not a 'drop it in over a weekend' swap.

yeah, if i were you, id go GSR, (or type r if you want to run all engine) and then new header, cat, exhaust, and intake (normal mods).

after that, id chip your P72 with either crome or uberdata (especially if turbo could be in your future) buy a wideband O2 sensor and do a street tune (cause you can always squeeze a few more HP out with a good tune...especially after air flow upgrades)

could also invest in some CTR cams. b series isnt my specialty, but i think ive seen people say they are the best OEM cams available. if you do go with the CTR cams, you will definitely need crome or uberdata. by the time you are done with all that you will probably be close to your $7,000 budget.

thats me. and if i were working on an all motor teg, thats what i would do.

no one else has mentioned it, and i feel the need to...its VTEC, not V-Tech. you can still think V-Tech, as long as you write VTEC. (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control)

swap

i have a 94 ls and i did a type r swap in u have to options ls is perfect to build for a turbo the compressioin ratio works if u want all motor a gsr is not the best way to go check ur stats i personally have a jdm type r i paid 4 grand for it also now days k20s r awsome they cost about 5 grand in my area so theres the facts a gsr would be a waste of ur money and people like me eith the same integras body but with type rs would be faster so its all up to you ! *amber myspace.com/integra98jdm

i need to know why my civic wont start....gets gas..has spark, but it just wont star...

Jesus Christ people. Check the dates on threads before you hit "reply" please!

i have a 94 ls and i did a type r swap in u have to options ls is perfect to build for a turbo the compressioin ratio works if u want all motor a gsr is not the best way to go check ur stats i personally have a jdm type r i paid 4 grand for it also now days k20s r awsome they cost about 5 grand in my area so theres the facts a gsr would be a waste of ur money and people like me eith the same integras body but with type rs would be faster so its all up to you ! *amber myspace.com/integra98jdm

Thanks for the info, but this thread is 3 years old and the OP hasn't been here in that long either. There's no need to respond to threads like this...

i need to know why my civic wont start....gets gas..has spark, but it just wont star...

These threads aren't just a free-for-all buddy. Please start a new thread in an appropriate forum (general maintenance, one of the Civic forums, etc.)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back