Help a brotha out with tire ?s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
This sorta goes along with my https://hondaswap.com/wheels-suspension-tires-brakes/drag-radials-street-513536/ thread.... but i have more questions.

I got some new wheels that are 15x7 with a +27 offset and i want to put as wide of tires on them as possible without major rubbing issues. I have a feeling that 205/50 may be as wide as i can go, but would like to try 215... opinions? by the way, i do have camber kits front and rear which are set to stockish specs right now.

also i need as much traction as possible, so im wondering what tires will give me good straightline grip other than actual drag radials? thanks in advance!

I know most of the regulars have seen it, but heres a couple pictures of my car so you can see the stance i keep it at.

this on 16x7 205/45 tires

turboteg1006.jpg

heres an older pic when it was on 15x6.5s with 205/50 tires... i think the offset was +33, but im not 100% sure.
teg03-14-10007.jpg

It's very very hard to find tires wider than 205s in the diameter that you'd need for an Integra. You can go as wide as 225 on a 7" wheel and still have pretty straight sidewalls though. 215/50-15 will be too tall, and 215/45-15 is practically impossible to find, plus will be too short.

About your only choice is the Hankook RS-3 in 225/45-15 if you want to go wider and still work on the Integra. It comes in right at 23" tall. The RS-3 is a badass tire too- I run them in 255/40-17 on the S2000.

Hankook Ventus R-S3

well i have the bfg g force sports on my 16" rota c8s and im not really that impressed, at least not for what they cost.

im wondering if the 215 or 225 tires can fit without major rubbing issues. the +27 offset of my new wheels should fit pretty flush. if i end up going with a 205 width, the RS3 is a candidate.

thanks for the help guys, any advice is appreciated.

215/45 is going to be WAY too short- 22.6"

I would recommend going with the 225/45 RS-3. It's a SUPER sticky tire. Not really meant for drag racing, but it'll do in a pinch if you don't want to run drag radials on the street. Quite a few SCCA/NASA/whatever people are winning races on them, so they've definitely been proven in competition. The 225 will be a little wide, but you could roll the fenders to keep everything flush. I think it would actually look pretty mean.

I was looking at the BF Goodrich g force tires for mine last month when I bought tires. I thought they were a little over priced but assumed they must be really good tires. I got to digging around looking at reviews and stuff and found this article:
BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW - Comparison Tests - Car and Driver

They didn't get a BAD review, but didn't impress me from what I read- so I didn't get them.

I ended up going with (and yall go ahead and boo me for this) the Riken Raptors which are a generic Michelin tire. They are cheap as hell and have good reviews. I will tell you this- they have more grip than my Nankangs did and less road noise. They seem to grip better at high speed too. They look more aggressive on the car than the Nankangs did as well. I am very pleased with them so far. Just my 2 cents ;)

Anyways I run a 225/45 on mine (factory specs call for 215/45) and have a little rubbing issue- but damn it looks good lol.

Ok... Riken and Nankang in general are WAY on the other end of the performance spectrum from the BFG KDWs. The KDW is a pretty sweet tire, almost at the top of the performance range. If you got a set, you wouldn't be disappointed. Now the BFG g-Force Sports are a lower grade than the KDWs.

Ok... Riken and Nankang in general are WAY on the other end of the performance spectrum from the BFG KDWs. The KDW is a pretty sweet tire, almost at the top of the performance range. If you got a set, you wouldn't be disappointed. Now the BFG g-Force Sports are a lower grade than the KDWs.

Well, price is what ended up getting me. I don't put my car on the track but maybe once or twice a year- maybe, and we never have snow and very seldom have ice. I take it easy in the rain too and try not to push it. I didn't see the point in spending that much money on the BFG's. Just my personal situation.

Back