Help a noob out.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jules223

I want to build a civic hatch for autocross/getting stupid on tight curvey roads. I'm not worried about 1/4 mile times, or smoking kids redlight to redlight.

That being said I would also like it reliable and having some nuts to power out of turns. I'd like to do a ls vtec build with maybe a set of cams. I'm capable of doing all the work myself so i dont really see any issues there.

As far as suspension and tranny I don't want to lower the car much if at all. I'd want to run 16's or 17's with a wide grippy tire. would the stock suspension be alright for my purposes with polly bushings all around and either strut tower connector, or a cage for rigidity. I'd also like a LSD tranny, but dont know what they came in or what to look for.

Anyway let me know what yinz guys think.

Oh yea, if this goes someplace else or was covered somewhere else please dont flame me too bad.

why not try and see what happens if you higher the car by a couple inches and add some bigger wider tires for more traction

Well a start man, would be year make curent stuff done to it.... and 16 - 17??? I would go 15's just a better size on a stock ride hight honda... but ya.... also look around on the site, I know using the search bar I have seen alot of people asking about the same questions :)

Back