Help a NOOBIE with a gutted B16a crx or hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jake2001z001

hi everyone, well i habe decided to get either a crx or a hatch to do a b16 on.
i plan to gut everything in it .
now which on the cars are the easiest to do the swap on, i like the crx cuase they are little and light weight, which model whould be good beween 88-91 , when i mean good, i mean which will i be able to use parts from other cars for the swap and not have to use alot of fabricated stuff, and which hatch, any one fot pros and cons on hatchs and crx, im loooking at the 88-91 hatchs, thanks for any help u can give, i have been searching but need a little extra help

I don't know much but im pretty sure a CRX is lighter and for a b16 swap you would probably want the car litght as possible, so every horsepower would make a different in the performance area. If I were you I would go and find a CRX Si or something. I, myself got a hatchback only becuase of the passenger capacity. :p

Yeah I think Si crxs have the best (more sporty) looking interior. Nothing else really maters since your swapping the engine and tranny/ axles. -crombie09

Get an 89-91 CRX HF. Don't get an 88 because they use some different parts. The HFs are the lightest{ and they are already MPFI so you don't have to do a wiring conversion (except for wiring up the VTEC).

If he's going to gut it i don't think he cares about the "more sporty" interior. Unless he wants it to be lawn furniture...or wants to sell it.....

to me.....

really really cheap...

yea i was reading that a hx is the lightest, and i am gonna gut it expect a racing seat and the cluster, , now when swapping in a b16 into a hf can u use those integra asles ive been eharing about??

there was no hx civic or crx in 88/91. and doing the swap would be the same in either a crx or civic. just your preference, since your gutting it and wont be using it to haul kids in or other stuff. get the crx, I love crx's, but I own hatchbacks because they have more room for stuff.

just buy ajdm eh or hf front clip siR with a b16 and the b16 cable tranny, thats what im going to do for my gutted 90 hatch when im done with my 93vx
and try and get a 90-91 since they are just a tad dif from 88-89

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jan 7 2004, 11:11 PM
Get an 89-91 CRX HF. Don't get an 88 because they use some different parts. The HFs are the lightest{ and they are already MPFI so you don't have to do a wiring conversion (except for wiring up the VTEC).

If he's going to gut it i don't think he cares about the "more sporty" interior. Unless he wants it to be lawn furniture...or wants to sell it.....

to me.....

really really cheap...

you forgat to tell him about the hub that needs to be change in order to get the right axles in get a si man its the best for a swap

Back