HELP:Air/fuel guage in red!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just bought a 97 civic dx hatch with a 95 gsr swap and type r ecu and is has a air/fuel guage and it was always kinda on the lean side and now its always in the red(lean side).how do you fix that?i know its not good to drive it when its so lean.

get a wideband o2 sensor to hook the guage up to. a factory o2 sensor reads a very narrow range around stoich. it's not accurate enough. still, if it really is lean, you would need to find out what mods he's done to the engine. mainly if it's got stock injectors still. than you'll have to dyno or street tune it by chipping your ecu. the cheaper alternative would be restoring any aftermarket parts w/ oem, if you didnt want to retune it. g'luck!

moates.net has a good selection of tuning products

research crome, uberdata, and hondata to see what's right for you, if you so decide.

the only mods done to it are,header,intake manifold,exhaust and type r computer.i will have to try a wideband o2 sensor.i think its just that its a narrow band guage so its very inaccuracte because when i first bought the car the guage spent most of the time in the red and then it blew a hole in the exhaust and now that is fixed but it is awlays on the lean side.thanks for your time and info

Back