HELP ASAP! 89 CRXsi fuel problems.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dougscrx

ok guys...first off i had been having a problem with my car starting and when it would have trouble then start after it would chug and run kind of crappy for a minute....i thought maybe it needed a tune up....my car has been sitting in the garage for a month while i did non mechanical work....the other day i went to move it out and it wouldnt start...it just kept cranking....so i checked and there was no fuel to the engine....so i dropped the gas tank and took the pump out and decided to hook it up to 12v to see if it worked....well it worked....so i checked fuses....nothing...i plugged it back into the car and it wouldnt work....took it back out connected it to 12v and it worked.....so now i go disconnect the main fuel relay to check it and its not even the same that is in the chiltons manual...i even took the one out of my parts car and it didnt make a difference....im stuck....
icon_evil.gif

Well, sometimes it helps to write everything up like this just to get thoughts & facts together.

Is there power to the relay?
If you bypass relay, will the pump run?

It would be odd, but not impossible, for the relays from both cars to be bad. Start checking upstream from the relay for shorts & loose connections.

Definitely check the relay. They're known to go bad. Probably just needs to be re-soldered.

Also, make sure you checked the right relay(it's about a ~1x1x4" box just left of the coin tray). Hard to get to.

Back