HELP ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
ok, blew my original "d" series motor. had it replaced and left everything to stock.
for the past 4 months since i got the motor installed, i never raced it, RARELY took it to redline.

last night coming home, i hear this banging noise under the hood when i was on the fwy. it only happened when i hit the accelerator. got off the freeway and the car idled normally. this "noise" only happens when i accelerate, and it honestly sounds like there is some sort of a exhaust leak (im referring to the noise it is making....)

popped open my hood, blipped the throttle cable and the noise is DEFINATELY coming from the engine....

BUT the car idles perfectly normal....

anyone got ANY idea of what is going on here?

1 - Car makes funny noise under acceleration (kinda sounds like exhaust leak)
2 - Car idles normally
3 - when hood is popped and throttle cable "blipped" noise comes from inside engine.

ALSO .... when i got the "new" (used) engine installed, they told me i had to "re-torque" down the head bolts after 500 miles. I never did that....

could that be the problem?

Had the timing belt replaced when I had the new engine installed....

well glad to know you guys are here to help......fuck.....6 hours ago i made this thread, and not one fucking person replied to it...

anyways, problem solved.

turns out it was the o2 sensor. it had come loose off of the manifold and thats why the car was making the noise.....

fucking kwatanabe.....those assholes did my swap and im guessing they did not screw the o2 sensor back in properly....

ok update

driving down by the beach.....and the fucking o2 sensor pops out of the exhaust manifold AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE, I KNOW THIS IS A "D" SERIES MOTOR WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE......

but how bout a little tech help from one of you master gurus !!!!

how do i screw that damn o2 sensor back in, and keep it there?

go get anti-seize lubricant from the auto parts store and a new lock washer that will fit around the O2. cost you maybe 7-9 dollars should be good

matt

wouldnt anti seize make it come out even easier?

try a new washer, and put some lock tite on it, blue i believe it is. try that, if that doesnt work, they prolly stripped or maybe even cracked the hole in the manifold. give that a good look while the O2 is out.

-Chris

Originally posted by BlackFrog@Mar 9 2004, 10:19 PM
wouldnt anti seize make it come out even easier?

try a new washer, and put some lock tite on it, blue i believe it is. try that, if that doesnt work, they prolly stripped or maybe even cracked the hole in the manifold. give that a good look while the O2 is out.

-Chris

yep, I think that some lock tite would work.

JB Weld that fucker on their.......lol --- please don't

atleast you found the problem

well tomorow when im not feeling like shit and coughing up a lung today...

im going to unplug the o2 sensor from the connector, then take some needlenose pliers and twist it on.

i dont think i can fit a deep socket over it, i forget the size of it.....

should take just a normal wrench unless its different than my o2
oh and ya dont use antiseize that will only make it worse, use threadlock

Back