HELP ASAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
ok well i finaly got the car to start. I am trying to convert to obd1. The way i got it to start was to counter-clock the 1;3;4;2 firing order. I guess i had it wrong to begin with :dry: Now, the weird thing is, the car will only crank perfectly with the dizzy being retarded about and inch away from the bolt hole. I have tried to slowly turn the dizzy back to the right position with car on, but it shuts off. What could this be? i dont have the o2 sensor nor vtec hooked up yet. I hooked the dizzy and then the p28 just to get it to start.

:laugh: THROW ME SOME IDEAS! :laugh:

problem solved. i just cut the leg off of my buddies ls dizzy and called it a day till i buy a new b16 one

take the internals out of your ls dizzy and put it in the b16 dizzy shell, and it'll bolt up without being bootlegged like the LS one.

big fat crap on buying a whole distributor.

:thumbsup:

so take the ls non vtec guts out and stick the b16 obd0 guts in or the gsr obd1 guts?

ohh and the car runs great. no codes or anything. Time to get it tuned(crome of course) friday

thanks.lol I'm just gonna run the ls for now. Dont want to tear up a good distributer. I'm selling it.

update. No leaks so far,runs great and does not back fire at all.

thanks for the suggestion Will.

Quoted post[/post]]
thanks.lol I'm just gonna run the ls for now. Dont want to tear up a good distributer. I'm selling it.

Awesome to hear. You running those skunk2 items I sold you?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Awesome to hear. You running those skunk2 items I sold you?
:worthy: HELL YEAH! thanks Mike. The car is capable of low 13's thanks to you. Vtec pulls HARD. It all worked out fine. :wink:

ummm

b16 and gsr dizzy's are practically the same thing. the cap is a HAIR bigger, thats about it. the feet are in the same location.

are you trying to put a vtec dizzy on an ls head?

HELL YEAH! thanks Mike. The car is capable of low 13's thanks to you. Vtec pulls HARD. It all worked out fine.

Quoted post[/post]]
ummm

b16 and gsr dizzy's are practically the same thing. the cap is a HAIR bigger, thats about it. the feet are in the same location.

are you trying to put a vtec dizzy on an ls head?

pwned.

LS/Vtec if I remember correctly.

Back