HELP B16 SWAP WON'T START

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

I just finished wiring everything for my b16 swap and it won't crank over. Yes all the grounds are connected and I'm almost positive everything is connected right. The only thing I'm shaky on is the wiring for my starter motor.
-What triggers the starter motor? I assume its the gound, because the + side of it is connected directly to the battery. I'm thinking I connected the wrong ground to it so its not getting any power.
-Which ground do I connect the starter to? What else is near it on the wiring harness.

Thanks for the help

-Kai

I'm almost positive its wiring. Check the wirng to and from the starter, along with to the underhood fuse panel. Check the fuses as well. If you want get a new starter as well. Did that starter come with your motor? it may be shot. Buy a new one fro a 90-93 MT trans, Integra.

you have more guts than i did, the only thing keeping me from doing my B16 swap was the wirring. i didnt want to mess it up. get a couple wirring diagrams for the starter motor. and go from there http://www.alldata.com is a great site. it will cost you $24.95 a yr to join but its worth it their diagrams are easy to follow and read.

Spoda, can you help me out on the starter wiring? I already checked the fuses and they all look fine. Yes the starter came with my engine.

What triggers the starter motor? Which cable and from where?

Im not sure... hold on... do you have a service manual for the car? Ill check mine really fast... although its for an LS motor, the starter may be the same

on the starter tkae a screwdriver and touch to see if it's getting power. If it is it will spark. if it sparks your wiring is correct and the starter is bad. if it doesnt then your wiring or fuses are fucked. check the fuses inside the car as well.

Here's a pic of the wiring. The red shows the path of the + lead and the blue shows the path of the - lead.
s40676d3f27118.jpg

Originally posted by crx@Apr 3 2004, 12:06 AM
oh yea make sure you push the clutch in, hf usally has a clutch switch

-joseph

Im sure he does. And all Manual Transmission cars will haev a clutch switch, its there so you dont try to start the car in gear. Also if the clutch isnt depressed, the car wont turn over, at all. He probably knows this.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Apr 3 2004, 08:37 AM
all Manual Transmission cars will haev a clutch switch, its there so you dont try to start the car in gear.

Hehe, my 76 toyota truck doesn't have a clutch switch, be careful about using the "always" and "never" type statements

Originally posted by ktanaka@Mar 28 2004, 04:27 PM
Here's a pic of the wiring. The red shows the path of the + lead and the blue shows the path of the - lead.
s40676d3f27118.jpg

:eek: You should clean that mess up. How did you get that swap in there and hooked up with it being so messy?

alot of crx si and dx dont have a clutch switch, ive only seen them in hf's

my HF has 2 clutch switches and the pads that press them in both have gone bad. and each time put me through hell to find.

Back