help b18 into eg civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

conormc85

hey guys i'm new to this forum. i have a 94 civic which was running a b16a2 , was being the main word it bent a valve:( so i'm planing on dropping in a integra type r engine in:).
i just want 2 no wat i will have to do, i no the engine mounts and tranny don't need 2 b changed but wat modifications will i have 2 do to the loom.
i also have a chipped obd1 ecu can i use dis on the new motor. i have serched the site but can't seem 2 find the answers
Also i'm frm ireland and theres not much help round ere so any info would b greatly appreciated

Well is the ITR(Integra Type R) OBD2 and if you dont know what OBD it is, then just tell me the year and is your harness OBD-1???? since you did say that you had an OBD-1 Computer.

Your ITR motor is a 96 which is the first year of OBD2. 92-95=OBD1, 96-00=OBD2. Your motor will fit no matter what if ya already have b-series tranny , axles, linkage...ect. You need your computer to be OBD2 and the engine harness has to be OBD2 and if its wired for OBD1 than you need the conversion kit for OBD1 to OBD2. Your chipped computer will not plug in or work on an OBD2 motor. OBD1 and OBD2 are different connectors and have different functions.

does any1 no where i can get the obd1 to obd2 adapter pref a shop willing to hip to ireland can't find anything on e bay no shops around here can get them:mad:

Back