Help B18a1 into 89 CRX HF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

progressivedrunk

I gotta a B18A1 with a B16A1 tranny that im trying to drop in my 89 HF and Idon really know what im doing, this is my first time doing a swap, I got help from friends but Im trying to finish this by myself. The engine is in and wiring is done, my questions are:

-Does anyone have a pic of their engine with detailed routing of vacumm hoses?
-Do I need the B18A1 downpipe or the CRX one?
-Do I need to cut and weld the Linkage (I got the SIR linkage by the way)or will bolt on?
-The midshaft bolts wont alling with the block
-Do I need a integra accelerator cable or will the CRX one work?

Thanks for all your help. Its been more than a year since I started and I really want to get this car going. Thanks

umm, i dont know about teh vacume, but the CRX downpipe will work, thats what im using. i dont know about the sir linkage, i used the integra linkage and i had to cut and weld it. try it out and see if it works. Midshaft bolts will a line with some work, just make sure everything is as straight as can be, cause u cant drive without those bolts in place. accelerator cable = throttle cable? if so get an integra one. u might also need an integra clutch cable, i had to on my car, but my buddy didnt on his, its very close fit so u might or might not need 1

Yeah i got the clutch cable hooked and it works fine, the only problem is the throttleboddy cable, because the accelerator pedals has game on it so im gonna try to fix it,if not i will replace it. Thanks for your help

Back