help b20 problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

byron646

hey guys, ok so i completed my b20 swap in my civic dx 94, well when the car is on idel it is fine and when i hit the gas it starts to sputter and check engine light flashes on and off but goes away. and when i try to drive it, the car jeks like crazy when the CEL starts to flicker on and off, in otehr words it feels like it misses in a way but im not sure if its that. i used a stock civic harness on my car with a p75 ecu and thats about it everything else is from a b20 o yeah and a GSR tranny with act flywheel clutch and pressure plate. what can my problem be, please help give me some suggestions. thanxs

also the car throws no error codes what so ever, when i jump the ecu nothing comes out. no codes. i checked for fuel and thats fine. help me out please thanxs

wat car did that ecu came from? According to my knowledge, if you want your car run like a b20 should run, you have to use a b20 ecu. I had that problem with my civic before 'till i bought a b20 ecu for it. The only thing missing in my car was the second o2 sensor, but my idle and the car runs smooth. One more thing, what year is your b20? if you're going to run the b20, you'll have to get a wire harness that fit the ecu as well. make sure the wire harness is the same obd as your engine and ecu.

check dizzy. and plugs 94-95 ls ecu should be right also check timing,

what b20, is it a z or b?
check for vacume leaks

he can run the p75 on the b20, either the b20b or b20z. the only thing is the b20b will run rich.

as far as sputtering, check the TPS and if youre getting a CEL, then the ECU is obviously sensing a problem. and since you jump it and get no code, the ECU is more than likely bad or you arnet jumping it correctly.

temporary codes sometimes won't hold. once they go away, they are cleared--- sometimes.

check your timing with a light. it turns over, so tahts good... shoudl be at 16* at idel, warmed up.

hey guys, ok so i completed my b20 swap in my civic dx 94, well when the car is on idel it is fine and when i hit the gas it starts to sputter and check engine light flashes on and off but goes away. and when i try to drive it, the car jeks like crazy when the CEL starts to flicker on and off, in otehr words it feels like it misses in a way but im not sure if its that. i used a stock civic harness on my car with a p75 ecu and thats about it everything else is from a b20 o yeah and a GSR tranny with act flywheel clutch and pressure plate. what can my problem be, please help give me some suggestions. thanxs
i had 2 plugs switched on my I/M and the IACV and similar looking plug... I have the same MODs... no more stalls... idles fine...

Back