help bent both axles being to low

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93y7

i have a 93 civic thats lowered and my axles got bent just driving down the road. it was lowered 3 insches and i put a b16 in it with lsd and it drove fine for about 30 minutes then started shaking really bad. made sure mounts were tight and they were. lifted it up and ran it in gear and the axles wobbled alot. my passenger side axle was leaning up. is there a way to fix this?

Ouch. Going lower than two inches is asking for problems from what I have learned. Raise it up, make sure you have a camber kit on both front and back, adjust it, replace the cv joints and hopefully you will never have to rinse and repeat.

There are motor mounts that will sit the engine higher up in the bay, and that'll get rid of some of that. But a honda just isn't meant to sit that freakin low. Unless you build your own custom suspension (tube frame it or something) you're just going to bottom out your suspension, eat axles, shocks, etc.. and every time you bottom the suspension, you have a good chance of popping loose the spot welds on the body, which will cause your car to handle like total shit... well, if its dropped 3 inches its already handling like shit..

Drop it 1.5", slap on some neuspeed racing springs and KYB AGX adjustables on it. It'll have a nice, mean stance and great ride quality to boot.

it was like that when i got it and actually it handles great. but now i need the strut mounts for stock shocks because the lowereng springs are too small of diameter and the mount they use practically goes inside the stock spring

Back