Help building a b20 vtec what harmonic balancer do i use

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redrockracer

hello everyone, i am building a b20 vtec for a 94 integra, i have a b20z2 bottom end built, i am wodering if i use the b20 harmonic balancer or if i use the b18c1 harmonic balancer? also I am a little curious is to what all has to be done to convert the b20z2 bottom end to cope to vtec head, i have the oil filter adapter conversion for the oiling for head i did arp main bolts, arp rod bolts, and arp head stud kit is there anything else that i have to do to make this b20 coversion happen? i have build several hondas i have never done a b20 vtec yet ...thanks

the harmonic balancer is intergrated into the crank pulley. if you had it re-built, you may want to consider getting it pro balanced with an ATI-like balancer weight on the pulley it self (like balancing new tires on your wheels)

I have 2 balancers that are new one is for a b20z2 and one is for a b18c1 which one do i use? i have not got 300 buck for a harmonic balancer at this point thanks

also i am doing a b20vtec conversion obviously, do u know of anything else i have to do besides the oil line conversion kit and building te bottom end tough i did arp main bolts, arp rod bolts, and arp head stud kit and acl race bearings all through the bottom end, any other thing i should have a heads up on????

Pretty sure all the b-series crank pulleys are the same. You should use the one that came with the crnak you are using if possible.

for the conversion, check out articles section forum. there's a bunch of big htreads on lsvtec and crvtec builds.

Back